Friday, April 22, 2011

Well that only took 10 Years!

True Story: After a decade together (9 years of that as man & wife) Travis and I finally have "our" song. It's funny because there just never was a song that seemed to fit us. We have different taste in music and just never seemed to find the right one. But the first time I heard "Are you Gonna Kiss Me or Not" by Thompson Square I was floored and I just started laughing because it was pretty much telling our history. Anyway it just fits us so perfectly. I'm sure at some other stage of life other songs will become "ours" but for now it's fun to have "a song." Even if that is kind of a silly juvenile thing.

So here's a little history for you, Trav & I went on our first date in February of 1999. He took me snowmobiling all day in Island Park up to West Yellowstone. I always say that he chose that particular activity so he didn't have to speak to me at all. Anyway with or without conversation it went well enough that he asked me out again. For the next two months we went out at least twice a week, in addition to having lunch together nearly everyday. After about six weeks he still hadn't kissed me and I thought I'd made it pretty clear that I liked him. Having never been shy I decided to ask him. So one night when he walked me to the door I turned to him and asked, "Are you EVER going to kiss me?" He got very embarrassed, he mumbled what I thought sounded like "Yes" and then before I could even catch my breath he FINALLY kissed me for the first time.

Honestly at the time I had no idea I was kissing my future husband. I left a couple of weeks later for my mission so it was another year and half before I even saw him again. But within six months of coming home we were officially a couple and a year after that we were married. And the rest, as they say, is history. There are many other quirky stories from the adventure that has been our life together but for now, here's a link to the video if you're interested in hearing "our song."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDUOcHg5ijg

No comments: