Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can you believe it?

It's been 15 years since I was last in school.  Last year when I was working on my application and paperwork, I decided to fill out a scholarship application just for kicks.  I didn't figure there was any way I'd get one, but hey, what can hurt right?  So as it turns out, I did get awarded a scholarship.  (Thank goodness there are foundations and endowments set up specifically for those of us who are non-traditional students.)  Tonight was the awards ceremony and since Trav is out of town I took Gideon and my mother-in-law (who to this day cannot work a digital camera as this photo will testify.)  It was a good evening, I even ran into Trav's cousin Pepper who is also returning to school after many, many years and also qualified for a scholarship.  So that was really fun.  And I did have the most hadsome date in the room!

2 comments:

Hillary and Jake said...

where are you going and what will you study?

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Yes, I can believe it! Congratulations on going back to school and getting a Scholarship! Also, I think Daniece took a great picture. I see you, Gideon and the Scholarship certificate. What more did you want? ppinge