Thursday, May 17, 2012

A lot like SUMMER!!!!!

I can't even explain how much we've been loving the unseasonably warm spring this year!  I think my kids would live outside if I'd let them.  As it is they're only inside to sleep usually.  And even dragging them in at bedtime causes much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

 We got our garden spot tilled and fertilized.  We're planning to plant in a week or two. In the meantime the kids enjoy playing in it.  That's Morrison with Gideon.  He lives two houses down and he and Gideon have become great friends this past few weeks.  Nearly everyday, Gideon's outside at 11:00 waiting for Morrison to get off the bus from kindergarten.  Then they play until bedtime.
 We've also been to our other dear friends' house to play in their splash pool.    That's been great fun!

 Camden, Emily, Gideon & Parker. 

 We've also broken out the slip & slide at our house a few times, so that's been really fun and usually attracts most of the neighborhood kids.

 Batman & Ironman aka Gideon & Morrison.  They spent two straight days in those costumes!
 And of course we're still loving having Tyree  a few days a week. I thought I was pretty clever getting them matching outfits!  Aren't they just darling!



Other than that, the only news is that I've been running a lot of races and have some big ones coming up that I'm really excited about.  I was supposed to be starting school next week and had registered for two classes, but then found out that one of them was cancelled for the summer due to low enrollment, so now it looks like I won't be starting until the fall.  Oh well.  I guess if that's how it's supposed to be...

1 comment:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Thanks for the pictures and the update! The kids look so cute. I bet Parker thinks Tyree is her little sister. Adorable!