Monday, May 28, 2012

Not the weekend we hoped to have...

I swear this was the week that simply would not end!!!! You all know about the sick toddler and the broken arm.  And by now I'm sure most of the world has heard my ranting about the teenage girl on her cell phone who ran a red light and totaled my husband's truck.  We're very fortunate that he & Parker weren't seriously hurt.  They both have bumps and bruises and Trav's had a mild concussion, but it could have been a lot worse.




 We can't say for sure yet that the truck is totaled, but just by adding up the exterior damage (which includes a bent and cracked frame) it seems like it might be more money to fix it than it's worth.  And of course that's before we even consider the damage to the electrical system.  Still I suppose once the insurance adjustors have their say we'll know more.
 So that was Saturday morning.  And of course that changed our weekend plans.  Instead of going to the cabin and going fishing, we all stayed home all weekend.  Probably a good thing too, between the stress of everything I was feeling pretty zapped and of course Travis and Parker just needed to rest.  We did have a small dinner Saturday night to celebrate Nana's birthday, but that was as exciting as the rest of the weekend got.

It wasn't a total loss though.  Today we went out for burgers at Red Robin and then started planting our garden.  I can't tell you how thrilled my kids were to help out with that!




I can't help but pause with today being Memorial Day and just be thankful.  For the men and women who gave their lives so that I can enjoy the freedoms to celebrate with my family.  But I'm also so thankful this weekend that I still have half my family to celebrate with.  Because really, that accident could have had such a different outcome.  I have a lot of faith that God's Hands played a big part in keeping them safe. And I'm so thankful for that!

3 comments:

Monk Family said...

love you Cali!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

When I get home you are getting the biggest Hug!!!!! So glad everyone is safe. Love you!

Hillary and Jake said...

I am sooo excited to spend a weekend with Princess p!