Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh The Torture!

I think it's a necessary rite of passage. You know like teething or toilet training. Every child I've ever met goes through a phase where they hate Santa. Gideon is no different. Still, we went to the Elks tonight hoping for at least a photo, but we didn't even really get that.

He and Braxton had fun playing around before the Big guy came. Oh speaking of which, they had a dance studio come in and do some numbers while we were waiting on the guest of honor, and lo and behold, one of the dancers was a dear friend I haven't seen since college! I wish we'd had more time to talk, but it was great running into her. It's a shame that we've lived in the same town all these years and never even knew it until recently. Anyway, I love you Sammi & can't wait to get together!
Don't ask me why this one turned out so blurry, I was clearly not the photographer. Gideon wouldn't get close at all, even with me there, he was kicking and screaming and trying to get away. Oh, he wanted the treat Santa gave him, he just didn't want anything to do with Santa.


Braxton even came back up to try and show Gideon that there was nothing to be afraid of, but alas, it just isn't going to happen this year.

1 comment:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

hmmm... reminds me of someone! :-)