Friday, April 9, 2010

So it's still a work in progress

Several of you have asked to see pictures of the quilt I've been working on lately. As most of you know this is only the 2nd quilt I've ever made (incidentally it's for the same person who recieved the first quilt and for the same reason.) Doing this project has reminded me why I don't quilt.

Of course it probably would have turned out better if I'd actualy followed a pattern or something. But I didn't. I just got hit with inspiration one day when I saw this pink super girl fabric that I thought was fantastic. So I bought six different coordinating pink & black fabrics, cut them into 3 inch squares and devised a pattern I thought was cute. This is how it looked before I sewed it together when I was just working out the pattern & the strips.


In theory this is going to be a good blanket to cuddle up with. Either on the couch or long car trip or something. I want to do a really soft fabric, like a minky on the back (probably in black) so that it can be a go anywhere blanket.



And this is how it looks now that the top is all put together. Pathetic, right? It's so crooked and off center. The top right hand side is especially bad.

Well this will probably be the las quilt I ever do, so perhaps it won't be so bad. I just need my mom to get home so she can fix it for me.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh don't be so hard on yourself. I think it's wonderful!

Amber Dawn said...

I think it looks great! If it was me putting it together, I would have needed my mom to be sitting next to me before I started! You're at least three steps ahead of me!

Jacob and Cami said...

It looks great, besides there is no such thing as a perfect quilt!

Stephanie H. said...

Love the colors!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

It looks wonderful! And once it is stretched and quilted you will see how fantastic it really is! I am so proud of you. You are going with me next time I pick out fabric for a quilt. You have a great eye!