Monday, November 15, 2010

Chubby Cheeks, Gid the Kid and Something I'm Not Talented Enough to Do!

Wow nearly two weeks since my last post! Where did the time go? Can you believe Princess P is already 8 weeks old? She's really starting to fill out, especially in her cute chubby cheeks. I'm excited for her two month check up this week to find out how much she's grown.

Gideon still adores her and actually since she's awake more and more these days has begun taking it upon himself to entertain her. It's very cute.

The other thing he's suddenly interested in is cowboys, horses & trailers. I think it must be the Woody influence from too much Toy Story but he always wants to wear a cowboy hat and go for horse rides. And he shouts a very cute "YeeHaw!" I'll have to try and get video of it.


Earlier this week I got a call from my dear friend Sara asking if I'd like to help her decorate a tree for the annual Festival of Trees. I've never done this before and I love all things Christmas so I didn't even have to think twice. Plus Sara is one of my favorite people in the world, so getting to hang out with her for a couple of hours without kids was a huge bonus.


So I already knew she was talented, but Sara just blew me away with what she was able to do. I just didn't get that kind of creativity. I can't look at all of the random parts and pieces she brought and visualize what the finished tree is supposed to look like. Still I was excited watching it come together. I was the official photographer and other than that I just did whatever I was told. When she said, "Put these red branches like so..." that's what I did and so forth. For the record, there is a photo of Sara and I standing by the finished product, but it was taken by her husband, Sam, so I don't have a copy of it yet.



I wasn't sure what she was doing with the star at first. But I'm glad I kept my mouth shut because eventually it looked great.









This is the almost finished product. I'm taking my mom and mother-in-law to the Festival on Thursday, so I'll try and get some more pictures of it when the display is all put together and everything. I think it turned out lovely.

I snapped a few pictures of other trees I thought were fun or interesting. I'll get more on Thursday when they're all done. The thing I love about this festival is that you see a little bit of everything. Victorian, Elegant, Funky, Patriotic, Classical, Children's, Characters, Whimsical, Homemade, and even one that was decorated with the cases of Christmas DVD's and bags of popcorn and candy. It's incredible.
This doesn't seem very Christmas-y to me, but I absolutely love it!

This green and white might just have been my very favorite. I don't know why. It wasn't the most elegant, or beautiful or striking. But something about the white tree with the bright green & hints of red just really speaks to me. It's simple and understated yet it grabs your attention too. I can't wait to see it lit up!

And this one I had to take pictures of for future reference. I think I want to decorate Parker's room like this with fairies and butterflies. It's just darling.





Anyway I'll let you know how it goes on Thursday and be sure to take more pictures. And I promise I'll update after Parker's Dr. Appt. as well.

1 comment:

Jacob and Cami said...

We should do a virtual festival of trees. Everyone should post their decorated tree. I know we don't really have themes, but it will be fun to see everyones trees and some of their favorite ornaments.