Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Second Best Sporting Event

Yes that's right, high school wrestling season kicked off last night with Madison's opening matches agains North and South Fremont High Schools. (Madison won both.) Cody is still convalescing from his broken hand and butt, but the family still turned out in full force to support the team and Cody, who is this year's captain.

The good news is, he's been cleared to work out with the team and coach and the doctors expect him to be wrestling by the end of the month. Until then, we'll still go to the matches to cheer on the rest of the boys.



Gideon did pretty well at his first wrestling function considering I scared him by yelling so much I think. And I may have squeezed him just a little too tight once when I was yelling for Shuyler to pin his guy. Oops. After that, Grandma had to take him and move to another section for a few minutes. But it was giving him a sucker that really calmed him down. (You know how he loves suckers!)

This cracks me up! Mom and daddy are so intense and Cody wan't even on the mats!

Oh well, it's fun! We're looking forward to a great season!

4 comments:

dust and kam said...

That is so fun to be so involved! :)

Wrestling is one of my favorite sports to watch! So, so intense!

Hillary and Jake said...

ooh I want to go, I miss wrestling season. maybe I'll be able to get up there for a few meets.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Yea! Hillary!!! Come on up!! He will wrestle for the first time in the Firth Tournament on December 30th!

Hillary and Jake said...

this isn't gideon's first wrestling function. I thought his first was the wrestling camp in Colorado.