Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010 Calendar

So my friend Ashley posted on her blog the other day, pictures of the calendars she made for her mom and grandmother. They are so beautiful. You can tell that a lot of time and effort went into them. In fact, I'm a little in awe because as I was looking at the gorgeous pages all I could think of is how much creativity I lack. I could never think of the stuff she's done.

But I did make a calendar for my family for Christmas this year. I cheated and used Heritage Makers. (The thought of cutting and gluing and finding stickers and papers just makes me ill. Luckily with Heritage Makers it's all online so it didn't really take much.) But I was quite proud of myself (until I saw Ashley's calendars) becuase I didn't use a template I actually made this from scratch. Now it seems kind of plain & ugly to me.

Oh well, the good news is that because our family is so large we have at least one birthday or anniversary in each month of the year, so what I did was make the people with birthdays or anniversaries that month's models. I also already loaded all of the birthdays, anniversaries, due dates and other important dates on the calendar so everyone would know.

Anyway I know these pictures aren't the best quality, sorry, but it was just me taking pictures of it, so it will have to work.













3 comments:

The Clegg Family said...

I think it looks awesome!

Mike and Ashley said...

Your calendar turned out so cute!!! I don't think it's cheating to use Heritage Makers...you still have to do the work of finding the pictures and putting them where they should go, etc! Great Job!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Ahhh... you are comparing apples to oranges my dear. I love my Calendar and I think you did a very creative and good job working without a template! I am very impressed and proud of you. I have never had the desire to do the cutting and pasting and little decorating required to do scrapbooking. Maybe I have ADHD or something.