Wednesday, August 18, 2010

5 Weeks

It may seem lately, that because of all my whining & complaining & nervous breakdowns that I've forgotten what a wonderful miracle adoption really is. I would hate to think that anyone would be misled into thinking that my frustrations with the systems and process are in anyway indicative of my feelings for adoption. In fact, it's safe to say that now that we've made it through the home study & the paperwork is done, I feel much calmer even about the process.

If you haven't clicked on some of the adoption stories linked to this blog, maybe you ought to sometime. When you have a few minutes to spare and don't mind shedding a few tears. Because I'm warning you right now, you'll probably cry.

5 weeks to the day before Gideon was born, we recieved a letter from his birth mother, telling us that she'd chosen us to be his family. (Remember that post from February 08? Me sucking in my flat stomach & announcing to the world I was 8 months "pregnant"? That was fun.) And here we are, just five weeks removed from another miracle.

And I just want everyone to know how blessed I feel to be able to take part in another adoption. That Heavenly Father in His Wisdom has granted us the opportunity to be a part of something so special and sacred. Even on the days when he's testing my patience & I feel like I'm failing as a mother, I can look at my precious two year old and know that God sent him to me for a purpose. Of all the thousands of wonderful couples and families praying for children, Heavenly Father knew that this was the boy for us.

To me that's the true beauty of adoption. That children get to the families they belong with regardless of where they're born or who they're born to. It makes you realize that Heavenly Father really does have a plan for each and every individual on earth. It's no different with Parker. I've felt from nearly the first moment that we found out about her that this was our baby girl. That she was all we were lacking to make our family complete.

One more thing and I'll let you all return to more interesting pursuits, I want you to know how much I love my kids' birth mom. She is the angel who brought my children to earth. Whatever I do or say to try and express my love and appreciation is never quite adequate based on what she's given me. Her selfless sacrifices have made us a family. And that's the most important thing in the world.

4 comments:

Angela S said...

You're awesome and loved and a great mom I'm sure. I think you're birthmom is great too. If she reads this, thanks for making my friend a mom, it means the world to all of us!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

:-) I love you my dear daughter!

Amber Dawn said...

"The children get to the families they belong with". That is so true! My cousin adopted a little boy just over a year ago, and he looks just like his two older brothers (who are in no way blood related to him)!

Mostly Jessica said...

You're next miracle is coming soon!!!