Monday, August 2, 2010

STUPID!

I know my mother hates me to use that word, but that's what it is! STUPID!

On Wednesday of last week I was so mad I wanted to throw something because I was informed that not only do we have to do the home study again (see previous post for that frustration) but that we have to do our ENTIRE APPLICATION again! That means ALL OF THE PAPERWORK! Not only paperwork, but finger prints, background checks, criminal history applications, references, EVERYTHING! (Well, okay, since we already have a birth mother, we don't have to do a letter or pictures to list in their profiles, but still. That was the easy and fun part!) The thing really stressing me out is that we were initally told we didn't have to do all of this. If they'd even told us two or three months ago that it was necessary it wouldn't have seemed so bad. But informing us our file is incomplete 17 days before Travis leaves!?!?!?! Like I really have time to deal with this much more crap!

So yeah, after much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth and whining to anyone who would listen, I buckled down and got to work on it. We did get one piece of good news from the case worker, since Travis got a concealed weapons permit last November, he wouldn't need a new background check or finger prints. We were told those were good for a year. All we had to do was call the state and give permission for LDS F.S. to access the information.

Fast forward to this morning when Travis called the state and was told that his information was too old and he'd need to do the entire process again! It's not even been 9 months! What happened to it being good for year? But apparently there's no reasoning with these people! They're insistent that he has to do the whole stupid thing again! And since they're only available Monday, Tuesday & Thursday, it means taking time off work to get it done before he leaves in less than two weeks!

See I told you, it's stupid! Stupid, stupid, STUPID!

5 comments:

Mostly Jessica said...

I don't understand why they told you not to worry about all this stuff. It's so weird. Sorry :(

Cali and Travis said...

They had told us we wouldn't have to because they would just pull all of the other stuff from our existing file. However, the agency here got audited like in May or so, and while they didn't get in trouble, they are being watched very closely now so they have to cross every T and dot every I and that sort of thing. So they can't get away with just "updating" our existing file.

What I take issue with, is the fact that no one bothered to tell us we needed all this stuff until last week!

the splendid life of us... said...

That sounds BEYOND frustrating and stupid! I am so sorry! I can only imagine the stress you are going through with trying to get everything done. Lot's of prayers comeing from me.

leschornmom said...

See my comment on FB!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I believe that the word 'STUPID' is appropriately used in this situation. I am not sure what else you might call it without wandering into the realm of profanity. You are not in trouble with your mother for this one. I agree that it was not only stupid, but also thoughtless of them to wait so long.