Friday, July 29, 2011

The reason I'm Tired today....

Parker's top two teeth finally poked through but that means she's been VERY fussy & cranky!!!!!!! And she was extremely restless last night waking up at least once an hour just crying and fussing. She typically went back to sleep within a few minutes of me rocking her, but it was still a long night up and down and up and down.

Today Gideon got to make his first trip to the urgent care clinic. He managed to pull my laundry drying rack down on his face leaving a small, but deep gash in the center of his forehead. Naturally it bled. A lot. There was extra blood because after he hurt himself, he was screaming and grabbing his head and tripped over the rack into the brick wall and bit his lip, so that was bleeding too. Fortunately it didn't require stitches. The doctor patched it up with that special super glue and a bandage. He fell asleep on the way home from the clinic but they were kind enough to give him some Tylenol, so I'm hopeful he'll be comfortable enough to sleep through the night.


As for me, now that I have both kids in bed, I should probably be picking up the toys, sweeping & mopping the floors, cleaning the blood off the patio etc, etc, etc. But I'm tired. And it will be there tomorrow. So I'm going to sit here and watch swimming world championships (Hello Ryan Lochte!) and have another doughnut!

1 comment:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Oh my sweet boy! Give him a hug from grandma and then have another donut for me.