Friday, July 16, 2010

Daddy's Surprise

So we know Gideon is probably a little young for a bicycle yet, but when Travis found this one at the D.I. for $8, he couldn't resist. Gideon actually LOVES it! He hopped right on and wanted to ride. Obviously he's only 2, so we're still working out the whole pushing the pedals with his feet thing, but even so, after just a few trips up and down the sidewalk and around the driveway, he's starting to get the hang of it.




And he loves it! He just kept saying "Bike, bike, bike!" Over and over then. Then he pointed to the garage (where my bike is kept right up front by the door) and kept saying "Mom Bike, Daddy Bike." He wanted us all to be riding together apparently.


And safety was his priority. I didn't even think to put a helmet on him, because well, I just didn't. But when he spied Travis's hard hat he went after it. I guess he's seen cyclists around because he wore it the rest of the time and then hung it on his handle bars when he wasn't on the bike.

And last but not least, this is what happens when you have to call it a night because the boy needs a bath and bed and the bicycle can't come in the house.

3 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Oh Mommy!!! I can see that his heart is clearly broken! (I know I shouldn't laugh at that picture, but I just couldn't help it. He looks so forlorn.) I bet the first thing he says in the morning when he gets up is "BIKE"!

Amber Dawn said...

That looks like fun! I don't like it when they cry because it's time to come in. It's almost enough to make us stay inside! Almost.

Hillary and Jake said...

How fun. have you gone on any family rides yet.