Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkins & a Party

Last Monday as a family night activity, we took our pumpkins to Nana & Grandpa's house and carved them.



For the first time in my life, I actually cheated and used a pattern book & carving kit instead of just doing them free hand with a big knife. I think they turned out super cute and they were waaaay faster.






This one is supposed to be an owl in a tree. But even with the pattern & proper tools I'm not convinced I have the artistic ability for something like this.

Anyway Gideon LOVES his pumpkins. He goes out on the step everyday and checks on them and talks to them (afterall, they do have faces.)
Okay is it just me, or does it seem like Halloween lasts a lot longer now than it did when we were kids? I mean it seems like when I was growing up if you got to wear your costume twice, that was awesome! Lately though, it seems like the entire week of Halloween is filled with parties and carnivals and other excuses to get dressed up & inhale more sugar. Not that I'm complaining, it's just an observation.

Tuesday night our church had a little carnival put on by the youth for the little kids. I didn't dress up because to be honest, I completely forgot about it until a friend reminded me 15 minutes before it started. Fortunately my mom just happened to be at my house, so I left Parker with her, threw munchkin's costume on him and ran out the door.

He had a great time! As usual, his favorite thing was the fish pond! He thought he was a real pro!


But there were a lot of cute games and booths and activities. And just a lot of candy, which, of course, I've had to hide and dole out rather judiciously.


Anyway, we've had other fun adventures since then, so I'll be sure and post more pictures soon!

2 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

That's what I like about SE Idaho. They know how to party and they can drag it out like no one else! If you can't make it to your church's carnival or trunk or treat, Christmas Party, Hayride, Easter Egg hunt, etc.,the church down the road will be having one tomorrow!

Jacob and Cami said...

I love the pumpkins. The owl one is my favorite. I may try to do it when we carve ours tonight!