Friday, January 18, 2008

Have you ever changed a tire in sub-zero temperatures?

I certainly hope you haven't. I didn't even actually change the tire, but it was cold and miserable, just standing around waiting for it.

Thursday proved to be another hectic day. Cody slid off the road coming around a slick corner and then had trouble getting up the driveway at home. But as usual, he's fine. That evening as we left his choir concert in Rexburg, we discovered that one of the tires on his truck was completely flat. (In restrospect, perhaps that contributed to the trouble he had staying on the road earlier.) Thankfully he had a spare and everything, and a very nice man parked next to him and gladly stepped in to help. The tire got changed quickly, (which was imperative given that it was snowing and the bank clock said the temperature was -2) but in the meantime, I'm not exactly sure when someone will be available to take it in to get it fixed. So Cody and Hillary are sharing a vehicle that's on loan to them by my dad's company until mom gets back on Monday.

Should you need to reach me for the rest of the weekend, starting this afternoon I'll be keeping stats and running cameras at the Tiger-Grizz wrestling invitational. Cody should do really well, so I'll keep you posted. They are going to be doing live webcasts of some of the matches. Details can be found at www.idahowrestlingnews.com if you're interested. If we manage to keep body and soul together through Saturday night, I think Hillary, Cody and I will probably go into hiding for the rest of the weekend. I have a big screen TV and a fireplace downstairs, not to mention 3 DVR'd episodes of "Moonlight" I haven't watched yet and a good weeks worth of sleep to catch up on.

So before I get sucked into wrestling and crawl into my hole, I hope you all have a happy and safe weekend. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers with regards to everything that's happened with my family recently. It really means a lot. Love to all!

No comments: