Saturday, January 26, 2008

So what about that reunion?

Alright, if you're not Corey, John, Will, BJ, Rodney or Shiloh, feel free to keep reading, but you may not understand much of the rest of this post.

For the last two years we've kicked around the idea of a "reunion" of sorts with us "Brazil" brats. But we've never been able to decide on a time or place. With all of us living scattered across the country we've just never been able to get it together.

Now it may be the high fever (102 yesterday) or the narcotic cough syrup that I'm on, but I finally had a brilliant idea about how to pull this off. So I'm naming the time and place. All the rest of you just load up the spouses and kids and meet us in Nauvoo, IL on July 12.

See mom, dad, Hillary and Cody will be perfoming in the Nauvoo pageant again this year and Travis and I are already planning on going back to see them. (They'll be perfoming the 11th - 17th of July.) Anyway I thought since most of you are still in the midwest, Nauvoo is a fairly central location to get to. Plus, we'll get to go to the pageant, and there's lots to see there anyway. (Remember Youth Conference '96?) Anyway, Trav & I will probably be taking our camp trailer and camping. There's a big state park there that's pretty nice for those who are interested in rustic. But if that's not your style I know there are several motels and hotels around Nauvoo.

John, I know you guys have the furthest to travel, but I also know that you're the one most interested in doing this reuion.

So what do you guys say? Any takers?

For all of my other friends and family, you're welcome to come see the Nauvoo Pageant this year. It ought to be excellent, I know some of the cast. ;)

10 comments:

Corey said...

I'll bite.. sure.

Cali and Travis said...

YES!!!!

Brad Phillips said...

It seems probable for us, as well. It's only six hours away, but we will have a 2mo old, and a brand new mommy who still thinks small babies are made of glass...

Unknown said...

So I guess I should read others posts before I write my own. That date might work, let me review my schedule with Erica and see.

Unknown said...

OOOKKKK....

Well I discussed it with Erica and it looks like we are in on the 12th - 14th. Now for finding hotel or camping space.

John

William said...

So let it be written so let it be done.

Guffey Family said...

I'll have to talk to J, but it sounds ok if we can get all our ducks in a row, so to speak. Lydia was 3 weeks old when we took her camping in Nauvoo the first time. In fact all our kids were each less than 6 months old the first time we took them camping. Not saying anyone has to camp, but our family finds it fun. Anyway...

Unknown said...

Shiloh and Jason, you guys can do it! It will be fun!

Cali and Travis said...

Alright, it's a date! See y'all in Nauvoo in July! YAY!

Brad Phillips said...

Reservations made for the 11th -13th!!!!!