Saturday, January 5, 2008

Weekend Warriors

Okay so busy weekend. Mom, dad & I drove to Boise to watch Cody in the Rollie Lane Wrestling Invitational. There were 43 different schools that participated. Friday was round robin tournaments to determine who would move on. The top sixteen from each weight class moved on to wrestle Saturday. Cody did an excellent job and out of 37 kids that began the tournament in his class, he was one of the 16 that advanced. So he got to wrestle again on Saturday. Even though he didn't place, he wrestled some of his very best matches, and he had a lot of fun doing it.

On a side note, while I was in Boise, I had dinner with Matt McKinney & his wife Jama & their son. I really did mean to take a picture so I could post it, but was so frazzled that I forgot to pull out the camera. So sorry Matt & Jama, you didn't make the blog this time. But I'll be back over there at the end of February and we'll take a picture then. By the way, their son Quinn, is already a lady killer at 10 months old. And such a flirt! He's so cute!

Enjoy the wrestling pics. If you want to see actual photos of Cody in action, you'll have to check out mom's blog. All of the actual wrestling photos were taken with her camera.

Cody's fan club


And his biggest cheerleader (I was told this weekend I could pass for a college student. I'll take that as a compliment.)


Rubbing him down and keeping him loose between matches. Yes, he's spoiled, we already know.


And this is how wrestler's kill time in between matches. Texas Hold 'Em betting goldfish and Andes mints.


And when they're finally for the day, they get to eat. (And they eat A LOT!)

No comments: