Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Another Trip Around the Sun....

So here we are at the start of another year. And as always this inspires me to reflect over the last year, and take stock of what I've done and what we've learned. And in 2007 there was much to be grateful for. We danced well into the night at the wedding of my sister Jesse. We celebrated the birth of another nephew when Shiloh gave birth to Adam in December. We crossed the threshold from renters to homeowners. We jumped off cliffs at Waimea Bay. We ate raw tuna, lomi lomi salmon, poi and other "delicacies" at the luau celebrating the wedding of my sister Skye. We stood in line at midnight to secure our copies of the final installment of Harry Potter. Travis chartered a boat and went deep sea fishing (and got seasick.) We rode a train through the Royal Gorge in Canon City, Colorado. For the first time in my life I got laid off from a job. (And found an even better job which I love.) We taught an "Adoption Prep" course to other couples interested in, or at the beginning of the adoption process. We surfed on the North Shore of Oahu. (Or, well, tried to surf.) No one would let me ignore the fact that there were 30 candles on my birthday cake. And we survived a blizzard on Christmas Eve which has left our yard and house and street under several feet of snow. And through all of this, we've managed to strengthen many friendships, develop new ones and prepare ourselves for whatever the Lord may have in store for us.

Already anticipating the wedding of my cousin Scott in February and the birth of a new niece or nephew (to my sister Cami, in June) 2008 promises to be amazing. So our wish for each of you is a blessed and happy new year!

Keep coming back to the blog to check on our adventures. And as always, please keep us abreast of yours. Much Love to all!

2 comments:

Corey said...

mmmmm... raw tuna.. I fell in love with sashimi over in Asia.. Hopefully you got to try some ohtoro (or even toro). very expensive stuff, but it is one of the few foods that were so good I can still taste them today.

On the flipside.. any raw fish I've had here in the states (even on the coast, places like San Francisco) makes me want to puke.. Totally different quality and freshness..

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

All that and he comments on the raw fish? I guess that's what is meant by "walkding to the beat of different drummers". :-)