Thursday, January 24, 2008

My first (and possibly only) attempt at quilting


As anyone who has known me for longer than 10 minutes knows, I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum from what could be termed a "Domestic Goddess." And while I doubt very much that it would make Grandma Eppert or Grandma Yoder proud, at least I can say that I did attempt to make a quilt at least once in my lifetime. This is a small lap quilt that I made as a gift to give to our birth mom (when we finally get chosen by a birth mom, that is.) Anyway, yes, it's crooked and doesn't look very good but I tried to make it personal. There are tulips (because those are my favorite flowers) and some of the fabrics feature ducks (because Travis likes the outdoors and particularly, ducks.) At any rate, I figured I should show the world my one attempt at domestication. I know many of you will be shocked by it, but it's true, I have my moments. (Just ask my siblings about the home made photo albums they each got for Christmas.) The day I told Travis I wanted to make a quilt his exact words were, "Are you sure you're feeling alright?"

5 comments:

Guffey Family said...

It looks great! You did a wonderful job sis!

Scott, Julie and Kaylie said...

Wow! I am impressed! You are way more ambitious than I am. I wouldn't know where to start when in comes to quilting. Way to go!

William said...

You know, that actually looks very good. Perhaps you where channeling Betsy Ross while you worked on it. I think it will make a grand gift.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Okay Kiddo, as the one perdon who has seen your quilt up close, I will say it again...."It is not that crooked"!! Anyway, it's a heck of a lot better than my first attmept at quilting. Your birth-mom will love it. (and for my boys out there, yes, I must be offically old and domesticated because I love to quilt!)

reanda said...

I think the quilt is lovely!