Thursday, January 24, 2008

Will we ever wear shorts again?

Well, thanks to the flu (I went to the Dr. yesterday and the "good" news is that it's not strep throat, "just" the flu) I've spent basically all week crashed on my couch high on narcotic cough syrup watching the History Channel. I hope to be well very soon because this is no fun.

Also no fun, is that fact that as I'm typing this, my father-in-law is being admitted to the hospital because a scan this morning found that he had bloodclots (again.) Travis, who was supposed to report to a jobsite in Arizona on Monday morning, is furiously trying to convince his company to send him someplace closer for the next couple of weeks until we know what's really going on with his dad.

There is good news, however, Shiloh's kids are doing great. Lydia was able to come home from the hospital Saturday night and Adam cam home Sunday night. Mom flew home Sunday night as well, and based on all the drama that happened last week, we're all very glad to have her back. And dad flew in safely last night from Latvia. Although, I don't imagine they're very happy to be back seeing as how our actual temperatures this week have been -22 to -10 nearly everyday they've been home. Yes, they even called off school Tuesday because with the wind chill, it felt like -35 outside.


Adam on Sunday after they took him off the oxygen.


Grandma Cindy with Adam. (Yes, it's completely unnerving to me how much she looks like Grandma Charlotte!)


Lydia gets to come home!!!!!

No comments: