Thursday, June 5, 2008

Chubby baby & an upcoming road trip

Have I mentioned lately how cute and fat Gideon is getting? He's also started laughing outloud and is beginning to discover his hands.



Also, in news, Gideon will have a new cousin in a couple of days. Cami is scheduled to be induced Saturday morning. (Tuesday is her due date, but since her husband is working out of town during the week, they want to be certain she has the baby on the weekend so he can be here for it.) Anyway we're very excited and can't wait to meet to the newest little one.

Next week I'll be gone as Gideon and I are headed to Colorado with my mom and Cody (who arrive home Saturday night) and Hillary. Cody is going to wrestling camp with his old team there, and we're just going along to get out of Idaho and go someplace warm. Maybe you think it's weird that I refer to Colorado as someplace warm, but we aren't expected to have a day in the 70's here anytime in the next two weeks. In fact, for 2008, we've had about 4 days that were in the 70's. It's been 40's, 50's & 60's here all spring and summer. I'm bummed because Gideon has all these really cute summer clothes that he hasn't been able to wear yet because it hasn't been warm here yet. At any rate, it's supposed to be in the 80's & 90's while we're in Pueblo, and I'm soooooooo excited about that. I'm just tired of my fingers and toes always being cold. And having to grab a jacket all the time.

But I'll stop complaining now. I hope all of you are enjoying much more "summer-y" weather than we are.

4 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I was going to dress all cute in my white capris and sandals for the flight home, but after your weather report I think I will just wear jeans and a sweater. I can't wait to get home and hold that fat little boy!

Cathy Shields said...

Wow look at him, he is really changing alot. How cute with the hat! I did not know Idaho was so cold...guess I never really thought about it. We are over 70 at 5:30 in the morning (right now) and are well in the 80's during the day. Our problem is all the rain we have had lately. (I should have said thunderstorms) I am so sick of rain and we have more to come this weekend. I think it has rained all week. So sorry you aren't warmer but glad you are going on a trip...what a nice change of pace.

Unknown said...

Oh how warm Colorado must be. I won't tell you that by seven in the morning it's almost 80 degrees. And it's quit cooling off at night and never gets below seventy. I won't tell you that either. And I won't mention that it's broken a hundred the last two days. Never mind I will! Muahahahahaha! ;-p

Leisha Mareth said...

Dang...I need to switch places with you. It's been in the high 90's here for weeks. Yeck.

I love the chubby cheeks Gideon is sporting!