Friday, June 20, 2008

The Hidden Talents of my Baby Brother....

...And Not so hidden talents of one of my baby sisters.

Tonight Jesse sang in the country showdown. She performed "Blue" by Leeann Rimes and did a fantastic job. She didn't make the top five, but she was definitely one of the best performers there. And of all the criteria they were judging on we (in our oh so biased opinion) decided Jesse won the category of "Marketability as a Country Music Star" hands down. Anyway we had fun hearing all of the acts and are very proud of you Jesse. Maybe next year more of us will enter just for fun.

So remember that project I was lamenting a few weeks ago that Travis left undone. Well it turns out Cody is becoming almost as handy around the house as our father. Look what he did:

What's even most impressive is that he didn't even use his favorite tools. Duct Tape and Bailing Wire.

The munchkin was quite impressed with uncle Cody's handy work. It kept him entertained for a long time! And I love it. You're my favorite brother, Cody. Hands down. Love you and thanks a million!

2 comments:

Guffey Family said...

looks good! I really am impressed with no duct tape.

Unknown said...

Great job Jesse! I'm so happy for you!