Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lazy Sunday and a potential move

So after church today we had an internet conference call with almost my whole family. These have become something of a weekly tradition. For those who are familiar with my family you'll understand that these calls don't usually accomplish anything outside of trying to make our mother laugh so hard that...well..nevermind. Anyway after the call Hillary, Gideon and I went to Nana and Papa's. (Travis left yesterday for a job in Reno. He's going to be there for six weeks so now we have to figure out how to get him home for Father's Day. Gideon and I are going to go visit him at least once. I think.)

Oh, sidebar, speaking of Travis's job, following the jobsite in Reno, the company wants to send him to Safford, AZ for 13 months. We're talking about renting out our house and having Gideon and I go join him once the adoption is finalized. We already have someone potentially interested in renting the house furnished, so now I'd just have to find a furnished apartment or house to rent in AZ. At any rate, we could be relocating for a temporary period, but I just thought I'd give you the heads up. I for one am thrilled about going to a warmer climate. Especially for the winter. Anyway anyone who knows anything about Safford, let me know, I'm interested to find out what we might be getting into.

Anyway back to our day, we had dinner with Trav's parents. And then I just let them play with the baby and enjoy some time with him while I read a book and Hillary watched a movie. It was nice and relaxing.

Isn't that the truth?



The munchkin helped Gramps water his flowers.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Safford is a 3 hours haul from Gilbert, AZ, we'll be neighbors. (Well sort of like, how Terre Haute and Chicago are neighbors.)

From what I can tell Safford is a nice small town in AZ, here is a link to the town's official site:

http://safford.govoffice.com/

Juli said...

I don't think I've ever been to Arizona, so I can't help you there. That'll be a fun change for a bit though! And, gotta say, I LOVE the onsie.

Cathy Shields said...

Cute little onsie. How exciting about your change of pace for a while. Sounds like your decicion to work from home was a good one since you could still do that in AZ. Funny how things come together like that.

Andrea (Annie) said...

Cali, I lived in Glendale, AZ for 15 moths and loved it! I don't know how far it is from Safford but I am sure you would love the warm weather. Good for you guys...it would be an adventure for sure! When do you think the move would take place?

leschornmom said...

Cali, We live 20 minutes from the Mesa Temple! So, If you and Travis wanted some time there you could drop your sweet little guy off at our house and let me snuggle him while you went!!!
We've never been to Safford but we're up for the drive. Just let us know if/when you get there!!!

Jessica said...

Gideon looks so big in the pic with Gramps! What a cutie!