Monday, March 8, 2010

The Sad Tale of the Unused Race Number

So when we arrived at Disney World on Friday and I saw how fun and festive everything was, I was sorely tempted to completely ignore Dr. Nelson & try and run the Princess half marathon anyway. Seriously, it was so much fun even the expo and the kids races. They had lots of princess gear for sale because, "wearing a tiara" in the race was "encouraged." I went ahead and picked up my swag bag even though I wasn't going to run because I'd hate for all those freebies to go to waste.

That almost made me more sad. See how cute the bibs are? They are not only personalized, but also have the theme of my favorite princess on them. (Well that was one of the questions at registration was which princess was your favorite. But I didn't know they were going to personalize the bibs with it!)


And of course cute race shirts. If I'm healed enough to run in SLC (which is my goal) I'll probably be wearing this in the race!
So I did the only thing I could think to do. I cheered on the munchkins in their race and bought myself a t-shirt as consolation prize.

It's no crown shaped finisher's medal, but still. Maybe next year I'll actually get one of those!

1 comment:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Hey... Laura Holt was famous for running in heels. (Remember her? Stephanie Zimbalest of Remington Steele fame.)