Saturday, June 6, 2009

Weddings, Weddings and More Weddings

You know it seems like every 2 or 3 years, we have one summer where there's a wedding or two nearly every weekend. This year seems to be that year for us. (For what's it's worth, this phenomenon seems to occur with pregnancies as well. Every couple of years, nearly everyone I know will be expecting a baby. That's this year too, for the record. I fully expect an announcement from one or more of my sisters any time now because for the first time they're the only ones not pregnant. But I digress.) Since April we've had six weddings. We didn't necessarily make it to all of them, but still. Six in 8 weeks is a lot.
Today it was mom & daddy's neighbor's oldest daughter, Alyse.

Alyse of course, looked awesome.
The bride's siblings, Lauren & Garrett (I love that Garrett is holding the bouquet. It gave me a flashback to 1998 and a certain photo of my own brother and Shiloh's bridal bouquet.)

I loved her dress.
In fact everything looked great! It really was a beautiful reception. (Good thing it was indoors though, we've had wicked thunderstorms here the last few days.)

This was before everything really got started, but yes, they had dancing.

I got more comments about how Gideon looks just like Cody. Truthfully, he kind of does!


I was relieved that they didn't have an actual recieving line. They had a head table instead. (Thank you Alyse!)

The food was excellent. Sonja S. did the "catering" for them, so those of you who know her can imagine how great it was.




Mr. and Mrs. Adam and Alyse......(I can't remember their last name! Oops!) Oh well, it was still a great time!

1 comment:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I wish I had been there. Not only to see my beautiful Alyse you girls and to visit with my friends, but let's be honest here... I want to eat Sonja's wonderful food!!! Yum!