Saturday, February 9, 2008

Baby Shower & Back Waxing

We took advantage of the fact that Cami was in town and threw her a surprise baby shower today. And yes, she was very surprised. Even as she and Jesse pulled into the driveway full of strange cars she still didn't figure out what was going on. It was great, many of her friends showed up and we had a lot of fun.



The cake was darling, the little sweet pea in the flower was made from gum paste and even had tiny fingers and toes!



Grandma Peggy is AMAZING! At 82 she still cross stitches. She's made a cross-stitched quilts for all of her great grandkids so far and one surrogate great grandchild. (You know who you are Charlotte Kay.)



Did I mention how amazing Grandma Peggy is? At the end of the shower she presented me with a cross stitched quilt for my baby. What's cool is that at the time she flew out here on Wednesday she had no idea we might even be close to getting a baby.



So after the shower guests had gone home and the family had spent some quality time visiting, my uncle David decided he wanted to get his back waxed. And with two licensed beauticians in the house, it seemed a good opportunity. So the kitchen became a make shift salon. Yes, I know it's a gross picture, but come on, back waxing in the kitchen? That's funny stuff.

4 comments:

leschornmom said...

Your Grandma Rocks! I worked on one of those for Abbie 8-10 hrs/day for two weeks while I was in the hosp and then at the bedside in the NICU (off and on) for another two... and it still isn't done!!!

Angela S said...

Oh my word! I went from crying tears of joy at the blanket from your grandma to laughing out loud about your uncle. All Reed could say was Ouch! But I'm so happy you got to be included with this. What a great memory!

Leisha Mareth said...

That quilt is amazing. How timely that you got it now! A sign of good things to come.

(p.s. I posted those old pics of your fam. on my blog yesterday. They are super cute.)

Jessica said...

Thanks for the fun time at the shower, it was really nice to see everyone. And why's Cami the one doing all the waxing work?