Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The most nervous I've ever been.....

Well here's a sentence I never imagined myself saying. Tonight I could potentially meet the mother of my child.

I wasn't going to share this information because there are still a lot of unknowns, but word has already seemed to spread, so I'd better make an announcement and set the record straight. We recieved a phone call from our caseworker on Monday that there was a birth mom who is "very seriously" considering us and wanted to meet with us on Wednesday evening. He explained that she hasn't officially chosen us yet, but that she's not considering any other couples at this point and would like to meet with us to help her make her final decision.

As you can imagine, this has thrown my world into a tailspin. I'm so grateful that we're getting close. So excited that this might be the one. And sooooooooooooo nervous that she might change her mind, or we might scare her off.

I know many of you have been praying for us, and I just want to say thank you. I don't think you can realize how much that truly means to us. In the meantime, please don't stop praying. Even if this girl does choose us as the adoptive couple for the child, there's still a lot that can happen. Adoption isn't final until you go before the judge and that won't take place until at least 6 months after the child is born. In the meantime there are still many things that could change or different choices that could be made. I try not to ask for too much, but if it's not too much of an imposition, please remember this young birth mom in your prayers as well. I just want her to make the best decision regarding her unborn child. Whether that means choosing us as the parents, or not.

I'll update after the visit because I know you'll all be waiting with baited breath.

In the meantime, thank you. Much Love.

2 comments:

Matt and Jama said...

We are so excited and nervous along with you. We will keep you and the birth mother in our prayers

Leisha Mareth said...

That last line lets me know that you are truly on the right path. I think if you are praying for the birthmom and wanting the baby to find the right home and the birthmom is doing the same thing...it will all work out the way it should! Good luck! I can't wait to hear the update on how it went!