Friday, February 8, 2008

Long Lost Relatives

I know that some of you will find it hard to believe that I only have 15 first cousins. That's total on both sides of my family. On the Cunningham side of the family I have only seven first cousins. Seven first cousins who are scattered literally from coast to coast (Carolina to California.) And it will be even harder for you to believe that there are some of them I haven't seen in nearly 15 years (not exaggerating that either.) So when my cousin, Scott (who I have seen more recently due to the fact that following his mission he decided to attend school in Utah) got engaged to a girl from Rigby, the entire family was laughing at the irony. A Texas cousin we've seen maybe a half dozen times in the last decade is marrying a girl from five miles away.

At any rate it was a fabulous wedding and he and Kristen are very happy and so cute together. We're extremely happy for them. And we had the added bonus of getting to have some other family members in town for the occasion. (Including Julie and Amy, Scott's sisters I haven't seen since 4th of July weekend 1994.) Enjoy the photos.

With my sister Cami. I turned her sideways so that you could see "Little Mac" (what we're affectionately calling the bump since the child was conceived in Hawaii. It's short for Little Macadamia Nut.) Sadly though, even at 22 weeks, she still doesn't look very pregnant.



Mr. & Mrs. Scott Cunningham





Okay this is Grandma Peggy with all of the grandkids that were in attendance. The only spouse included in this photo was Kristen because, well, she's the bride and the bride gets to be in any and all photos that she wants. From left that's Jesse, Amy, Hillary, Scott, Kristen, me, Julie, Cami & Cody. And I hope I don't need to tell you that's Grandma Peggy in the front. (Yes, for those who are wondering, this is the grandma of "the dog's in the freezer" fame.)



Grandma Peggy with all three of her sons. From left Bill (Scott, Julie & Amy's dad), Darryl, (my dad) and David (who's kids couldn't come.) My aunt Cindy was the only one of her kids not able to make it to the wedding.

4 comments:

reanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
reanda said...

"The dog's in the freezer" I think you need to share this story with me!

Cali and Travis said...

Okay so my grandparents had this teacup pomeranian named "Baby" that they absolutely adored. When the dog passed away, they were getting ready to move away from Texas to North Carolina. Not wanting to bury the beloved pet in Texas and leave it, they wrapped it in plastic and kept it in a freezer so they could move it with them. When they arrived in NC they were renting a small farm house while grandpa built them a new home. Grandma wouldn't let him bury the dog on the rental property because, essentially she wanted it with her. So the dog stayed in the freezer. After the new house was built, he was working on the shop and the landscaping and eventually a small grave for the dog which had now spent years in the freezer.

The funny part of the story is that when Shiloh was dating Jason, he made the mistake of opening the big deep freeze in the garage, and there on the top shelf is the dog wrapped in plastic.

Thankfully Baby has been buried now for many years so she no longer resides in the freezer and has been joined in that small pet semetary by another teacup pomeranian named Tuffy, and two cats, Little Cat and Pumpkin.

reanda said...

That story is hilarious! I bet Jason about passed out when he opened the freezer. My dad had a large fish in our freezer forever. He always wanted to have it stuffed but we never had the money so that darn fish sat in freezer for years, wrapped in a white sheet!! I think it stayed there until my parent's divorced!