Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Born to be a Tarheel!

As a college basketball fanatic, everyone knows that I always look forward to March. I happily & proudly don my Carolina blue, print out my brackets and obsess over every injury report, coaching scandal and any and all marginally good "mid-major" teams. Gideon will likely have the privilege of being born right in the middle of the tournament. And since we want there to be no questions about where his loyalties will lie, Cami was kind enough to send some baby 'Heels gear so that he'll be ready to watch the tournament in style. We love you Aunt Cami!





Speaking of my son (wow, that sounds weird, I'm still not used to it), I got to see B last night. Most of you know I volunteer at LDSFS. Anyway, we had a training meeting for all birth parent volunteers yesterday. At the end of it, the caseworker who is over the birth parent volunteers (who also happens to be B's caseworker) popped her head in and said, "Hey Cali, B is here for group. Do you want to say Hi?" So I got to sneak into group and give her a big hug. And then B introduced me as her adoptive mom to the whole group. So that was kind of a neat experience. She's such a doll! I feel so blessed to know her. Indeed I feel blessed beyond what I deserve.

7 comments:

Leisha Mareth said...

Awwww...so cute! I love that she introduced you to everyone! I also love those adorable outfits! It's the one sport I truly LOVE...so I get your excitement!

I can't wait to see him!!!!!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I love the outfits from Aunt Cami. I can't wait to see him in them!(and hold him, and snuggle him, etc., etc.)

Corey said...

*sigh* good thing I have a receipt for all of the IU outfits we bought for him..

do you still want the one that says "Bobby Knight is my coach"?

(hehehe couldn't resist)

Cali and Travis said...

Corey, sweetie, you know I won't turn down IU garb. Besides, they're pretty good this year.

Too bad you probably won't have a coach by the end of the week.

Maybe Bobby cursed the job as he left. I wouldn't put it past him.

Corey said...

We won last night against Purdue, thats all that matters..

almost lost it in the second half, but pulled back ahead in the end.

Cathy Shields said...

OH hon...how cute!! I can't believe the blessings you are going to have from adopting. WOW What a special experience. And how great to know B. She is also so blessed to know you. We'll have to have a long distance shower. What do you need??? And as far as sports I have fond memories of Big Corey sitting in his chair with Corey on his lap and when something exciting happened he'd hit the arm of the chair and there would be little Corey hitting his side and hoopin' and hollerin' also!!

Carlotta said...

That is so awesome that B is going to group. From what you have posted she sounds like an amazing person. I don't doubt for one second that she is! How neat to be introduced =) to everyone. Must have felt like an out of body experience. Take it all in ,Mom =)