Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Devil Walks Away

Okay so most of you know I'm an absolute NUT about college basketball. Yesterday was a banner day as Coach Bobby Knight retired in the middle of his 7th season at Texas Tech. I have nothing against the players or the teams who Knight led to winning records and championships. I do however have a big problem with his methods. Throwing chairs, screaming profanity, hitting players. I happen to think there's a better way to teach kids about basketball and life. I have a great respect for many coaches in the sport. But even though Bob Knight retires as the winningest coach in men's college basketball history, I can't say that I have any respect for him. So after 42 years of terrorizing players, officials, the press, the fans and everyone else, I'm breathing a little sigh of relief. Some may lament the fact that Knight is leaving because at least he was entertaining during his little tantrums. But I for one, am not sorry to see him go. Let's get back to playing basketball instead of focusing on the latest Bobby Knight controversy.

2 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Amen to that!!!

Lombardo Family said...

Cali, so fun to hear from you. Thanks for writing me. You look good and sounds like life is fun for you as always. write me on my email sometime. melv8@juno.com

veel liefs,
Melissa