Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Beautiful Distraction

Okay, well maybe he's more banged up than beautiful, but God Bless my baby brother! On a day when emotion threated to completely overwhelm me, I was able to find distraction in wrestling. Today was the District tournament to determine who gets to go to State and Cody took second! So yes, we'll be making the trip to Boise next weekend for State Championships. Cody didn't actually wrestle the championship match because after a black eye, broken nose, and dislocated shoulder from previous matches, his coach wisely decided it would be a better idea to withdraw and just take 2nd place, than run the risk of futher injury. So stay tuned for exciting highlights from next weekend. And Matt & Jama, let me know when y'all want to get together.



Hillary modeling Cody's headgear. (I hope it wasn't sweaty!)



2 comments:

Guffey Family said...

Hillary...
i just don't know what to say about her, you couldn't pay me enough to try on that thing after a high school wrestling match. EEWWWWWWWW!

Leisha Mareth said...

That picture reminded me of a high school boyfriend of mine. He always got "cauliflower ear" from the wrestling head gear!?

I'm glad for the sanity distraction brings! We're praying for the best for you!