Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Crazy One

It may seem presumptuous that in a family with as many quirky characters as mine has, that just one person should be dubbed, "The Crazy One." But when we're talking about Cameron Marie, it's meant as a compliment. Cami Re (As she's known to us) has elevated "Crazy" to an art. And the thing is, it's effortless for her. She just goes out and has fun. And somehow at the end of the day, you always end up with a great story to tell.

As a teenager (and even into adulthood) there was no one who could get on my nerves or provoke me like Cami. Seriously we would go from "0" to screaming match in under 10 seconds. And yet somehow, we both survived.



I won't go into Cami's most famous craziness, because they've already been mentioned in previous posts. But the print that was on the back window of Travis's truck spoke for itself. (And it wasn't a hand or foot print.)





And let's not forget she invented "Happy Halloweening." (Cami is the one sporting the Flower Crown.)





And she's the biggest advocate of our continuing family tradition of "dressing" for Christmas dinner. (Something I've tried hard to stamp out over the years.) But as you can see by the cowboy and the Hula girl here, it's still going strong. Luckily she found someone as crazy as she is. They've been married 6 1/2 years already. But the icing on the cake is the little souvenir Cami found out she brought back from Hawaii. Perhaps it wasn't intentional, but what a great story to be able to tell their first born that he or she is a souvenir from vacation.










Yes, at nine months pregnant she's still looking good and having fun. I miss my Cami Re (now that we don't fight so much anymore. Even though I know you still know which buttons to push. I'm just glad you don't push them so much anymore.) So I just want to say, HAPPY 27th BIRTHDAY! I love you!

4 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Yea!!!! What a beautiful birthday girl! Love you Bami!

Cathy Shields said...

Happy Birthday Cami. I am still wowed that you girls are in your late 20's since I first met you so long ago but you are all ageing great!! Congrats also on your soon to be momhood!

Leisha Mareth said...

Glad to know you sisters know how to push buttons in between all the loving...I was beginning to think me and my sister were strange...!!!

She sure is cute, love that dress in the last pic!

Jessica said...

I'm loving the cowboy and hula girl pic! Cami has an awesome talent for making others laugh!