Saturday, May 24, 2008

Things I'm Loving....

My new shoes. Cool Retro 80's design and surprisingly comfortable. Thanks Mimi! You're the best!

The bath towel Aunt Clary made for us over a year ago. (She wanted to make sure we had it just in case.) Anyway, I love that it hangs around my neck because not only does it protect me from a very squirmy (and therefore "splashy") munchkin in the bath, it's also great for scooping said squirmy, splashy munchkin strait out of the bath resulting in minimal mom soakage and bathroom flooding.

I've been addicted to Jaqua and Victoria's Secret bath products for so long that I can't even remember the last time I bought a drugstore brand beauty item. But this one intrigued me because it talked about being infused with oil. I live in a very dry place and therefore, suffer from very dry skin, so anything with oil actually is great for me. And so I took a chance. It was inexpensive, but left my skin very, very soft. And I love the "Moroccan" scent. I don't know if that's actually what Morocco smells like, but this stuff smells great. Not overpowering, but definitely unique and different from the garden variety fruit and flower scents in most products. I doubt I'll ever give up my Jaqua and V.S. products completely, but this one is a nice variation to throw into my usual line up.

My new ceiling fan.

Oh wait, that's right. Somehow we had the wrong parts, or the hookup was wrong. Or something. Anyway after two trips to the hardware store Travis and his dad gave up on it. (For now.) They said they'd get it in before the weekend was over. Oh well, at least it's cold and rainy here this weekend so we don't really need it yet anyway.

C'est La Vie!

4 comments:

Jeanna said...

Cali- Thanks for your condolences on my blog. My family appreciates you remembering us and of course we remember you. They all hope you are doing really well. Mom said she got something in the mail from you and that your baby is sooo cute and I would say from looking at your blog that she is right. Hope all is well with you.

Stephanie H. said...

The bath towel looks really neat. I've never seen one like that, neat design!

reanda said...

I totally dig the shoes! Jerry would die if I wore them though, he is a little weird! lol Anyway, I wish I had a pair.

leschornmom said...

Cali You Kill me! I love your shoes and the towel too! I can't tell you how many project have ended like that in our house!