Friday, May 2, 2008

Voted off the Island

The following is a response formulated by my sister Skye to the post of several days ago regarding my vanity. As Skye does not yet have a blog, I have taken the liberty of posting it with the responses it's recieved from the family to date. I must be honest I'm slightly hesitant about this post because it will reveal (to those who don't already know) that my family is crazy.

Anyway, Skye's original email:
Dear all,
Usually I don't take the time to reply to stuff that is complete hogwash as it rarely warrants response, however, I will make an exception for Cali's recent blog post.
Since she expressly said that this particular post was not meant to be a pity party I shall not dwell on the fact that it's okay (in my book anyway) to want to look nice or that Gideon doesn't care if she has on flip flops or stilettos. Or that, while I am greatly flattered at her flawless description of me, I have gained twenty pounds since dating Ryan and that I break out more than I ever did in high school and I have cellulite and stretch marks. I will, however address the most ludicrous claim from her post, the fact that she does not belong in our family. The more I thought about it though, the more I saw some truth in that. There is one of us who doesn't belong. One of us who doesn't seem to be related. But it isn't Cali. So without further ado I shall reveal the person who, after careful study and thought, does not belong. And I'm sorry Shiloh, but you have been voted off the Island.
Let's look at the evidence shall we. First: While we've all had to ask guys out on dates, only Shiloh had the excuse that if she didn't ask so-in-so out that day, she couldn't go out with whoseamagig the next day. I don't know about y'all, but my schedule was never that full. Note: While Cami may also fall with Shiloh under this category there can be no doubt in anyone's mind that the only sister to have ever mooned me and who invented "Happy Halloweening" has to be related to the brother that also mooned me and used to do a "tighty whitey dance".
Next: Picture day at school was a nightmare for me, I'm sure many of you can relate. If you have any doubts look at my freshman yearbook (the whole two months that I went to that school). You'll notice my ridiculously teased hair, the only jewelry and mascara I wore all year, and my closed mouth smile trying to hide the braces I wore for three years. Let's look at Shiloh's yearbook from her freshman year at Northview. She forgot it was picture day. The result: She accomplished (by accident) in a sweatshirt, no make-up, and limp hair what I could not with Jesse's clothes, the necklace Trav bought me in Hawaii, and two hours of mom backcombing and spraying my hair. Sickening.
Next: Who can forget Cami's butt-slapping dance move? Or the 'prints' that were supposedly on Trav's truck window forever? Did any of you know that I took bellydancing lessons in college? Has Hillary told anyone the story of my table dance senior year? Other than wearing a bikini (and looking perfect in it) has Shiloh ever done anything edgy?
See Cali, if anyone doesn't belong it's clearly the one who tried to make you sound adopted.
I could go on and on but this email is far too long already. You all get the picture. I'd like to hear your imput though. If you agree or disagree, let me know how and why. I'm interested.
Love,
Skye Bee
P.S. And I love you all, this was all in good fun.


Hillary was the first to respond:
Oh Yes. I agree with you especially about the picture thing, remember when I brought home my 8th grade picture and you said "ugh, when are the retakes?" well those were the retakes. So I know what you mean about the whole picture thingy too. And the last week of high school for you, you were just weird, I mean up until that week I would have never thought you had the guts to ask the hottest guy in school if you could have a piggy back ride? But I completely concur that Shiloh is the odd one out, based on the fact that she's not odd at all. oh well, not everybody's perfect.love ya'll Hillary


And then Cami sent a response:
I don't know what I would do without all my sisters! I am laughing so hard that I am crying from Skye and Hillary's emails. Of course the parts that make me laugh the most are the ones about me. And I am very glad I wasn't voted out of the family (of course it would take a whole lot more than a mere vote to get rid of me!) By the way Skye I think you are the only person that's ever sent me an email with the word "whoseamagig". I am impressed with your wordage, it just goes to show you are just as odd as the rest of us!


And finally Shiloh herself:
I may have been voted off the island but you'll never get rid of me. Besides just because you don't know about my weird/edgy stuff doesn't mean it never happened. Skinny dipping in my in-laws pool and streaking across the backyard because I forgot a towel is one of the few I'll actually tell. Just so long as you don't tell any of them. They were asleep at the time.
Love you all!

Anyway I just thought I'd let you all see that I'm not the only crazy one in the bunch. Not to worry, we come by it honestly. We get it from our mom.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok... This was probably not meant for public consumption. But very FUNNY!

Cali and Travis said...

John you're probably one of the few people who can appreciate this having seen the crazy up close and personal for so many years.

Darryl Cody said...

Appearantly when you meaasure up the facts, Shiloh does seem to be the odd duck in a very unodd manner. She is odd because she is not odd at all. So, in that case she would get voted out of the family. Fortunately for her she married one of the most odd creatures on this planet, which compensates for her unoddness, and so, therefore, she is welcome in the family in my book. But it doesn't really matter, if we did vote her out because she has a family of her own.

Sincerely, from the only still perfect one in this family, (no cellulite,no wrinkles),
Little Bro

(yes, mom typed this for me.)

Darryl said...

I hate to drop this bombshell but no one gets voted off the island, for two reasons.

First: The last time I looked, this family is still a monarchy, not a democracy (with no apparent heir to the throne. But if you have a nominee or a suggestion, simply write it on a $100 bill and send it to me for consideration).

Second: I see so much of your mother in each one of you girls. Cali's classic tastes, Shiloh's fertility,..... I can't tell you how many times your mother has mooned me,... Jesse's athletic ability and ability to walk in high heels, Skye's Voice and political and social sensitivity and ....Hillary, she is Cindy Sue all over again really. (Heaven help us). It's obvious that Darryl Cody IS his father's son because of his physical good looks and charm that makes every woman want him.

So there you have it. We are now and forever will be, a family and we will stay on the island together.

Signed,
The King

Darryl said...

P.S. Can we find a bigger island?

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

OMG Darryl!!! I can't believe you said that! :-0 That's what I get for teaching you how to blog! *sigh*

Oh Well....

Life is good, Shiloh stays, and you are all gorgeous and wonderful!

I love our Island!! :-)

dust and kam said...

I love your family! ;)

Cali and Travis said...

Okay everyone stays. (Even Shiloh's odd duck husband,)but can we please relocate to Hawaii? The island I'm stuck on is much too cold.

leschornmom said...

Can you guys ADOPT me?!

Jessica said...

Thanks for this post; it reminds me of happy times sitting at your kitchen table laughing at how crazy you all are!!! (I know I'm crazy too.)

Leisha Mareth said...

I love it. Seriously, your parents need to write a parenting book. If my kids turn out half as funny and loving as you all obviously are, I will count myself lucky.

Corey said...

Hilarious...

You just don't realize how edgy Shiloh really was as a teenager.. I think she even kissed a guy.

But thanks for posting this, I still can't stop laughing..