Friday, May 16, 2008

Pathetically Domestic

And for some strange reason, we love it!



Bedtime has become the one time of day when we're just all three together. We're so busy that we don't get many meals together. But at bedtime, you'll find us talking, staring at our son (and in Gideon's case eating.) It's these moments when we almost seem like a real family.

So news and notes from this week: Gideon rolled over again and this time I actually saw him do it. I laid him on his stomach and was talking to Jesse when PLOP! He was on his back. (And smiling too.) He really smiles a lot now. Usually at my voice and Travis's, but sometimes even at other things. He's even laughed a time or two.

Today we had our first of the three Supervisory Visits. Naturally the obsessive compulsive neat freak in me took over so the house was spotless. She didn't even look at the house. We stayed in the front room the entire time. Most of the questions had to do with his growth and development and how we were adjusting to parenthood. Anyway I think it went well. I guess if they had any concerns about us they'd let us know.

I saw B's caseworker today at a training meeting (yes I'm still volunteering.) She said B seems to be doing very well. She's getting ready to graduate in a couple of weeks so she's been very busy with school. But she still comes to group now and then and always brings her photo album and shows off the pictures. The caseworker is hoping that B will be willing to speak at a birth parent panel for the adoption prep class in June. I'm interested to hear how that goes if she does. One of my birth moms that I work with in Rexburg actually got to meet B over the weekend and the Birth Mother Appreciation Dinner they held Saturday night. She said it was fun seeing me each week in group and watching the situation unfold and then getting to meet the birth mom and hearing the story from her perspective.

And that's about it from here for today. It's late and I should try and get a little sleep. I generally put the boys to bed between 9 & 10. (Trav gets up at 4:30 so he has to go to bed early. And it works out well because that's when Gideon usually goes down. Me, I can't sleep that early. My body just does not get tired until around midnight normally.) Talk to you all later.

2 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I personally have never thought there was anything pathetic about being domestic. Actually, even though I am not very good at it, I have always loved it! It is my first choice for any job!
Glad you are learning to love it! I love you!

Leisha Mareth said...

Super-cute pics! It made me laugh that you cleaned obsessively and she didn't even look at the house! This is the story of my life! Even recently, with our random CPS inspection she didn't look at my clean house much. I kept wanting to wave at my baseboards (with a Vanna White flourish...) or point out the sparkling toilet bowls. Hmph! Such a letdown!