Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's a tough life to be 2 months old

Yep, that's right, our Gideon is already 2 months old! Can you believe how time is flying? I can't.

He woke up pretty happy today. Which, I must be honest is typical for him.

But then we went to the Dr. for a checkup and he had to get shots. In both legs.



After that not quite so happy.



But then Nana took us to Fred Meyer because all their baby clothes were on sale 50% off. She bought a LOT of cute stuff for the munchkin. Including some bigger outfits for the winter. And a swimsuit and matching sun hat and the darling little sandals he's wearing below.





And after that he was pretty cranky the rest of the day. He just cried and cried and wanted to be held. But baby Tylenol did seem to take the edge off his hurting becuase he wasn't quite as fussy after that. Still, I felt bad that he had to get shots on his birthday. And I'm just hoping he's able to sleep pretty well tonight.

The good news is we had cupcakes. (Okay Gideon didn't actually get to indulge in one of his birthday cupcakes, but I had to have an excuse to make them.) As for his two month stats, the Dr. is very impressed with how strong and alert he is. He says he's ahead of schedule with the smiling and pushing up and rolling over. The munchkin weighs a whopping 11 lbs. 13 oz now, so he's truly a chunk. And he's 22 1/2 inches long. I don't remember the other stuff they told me. They wrote it all down for me though.

4 comments:

Cathy Shields said...

Wow...two months already! It doesn't seem possible. I love these sandals they look so cute and I like that they fit his foot. He's still a cutie at 2 mos. Adorable. But cranky after shopping....that's a guy thing.

the splendid life of us... said...

Tylenol is a life savor for their little bodies! And I LOVE Fred Meyer, I so miss it! And I always have loved their baby sales and their day after thanksgiving sock sale! Love the little sandals!

Cathy Shields said...

Am I a little nutty that I love that you are taking pics of him with no head? I took a pic of Trevor the other day as he was climbing on the couch in his diaper. I only took his cute little legs. Well in my defense they are just tooooooo cute!!!!!!!!

Elisabeth Benge said...

PHISHER HATED HIS SHOTS TOO! AND I'M WITH CATHY ON ONLY TAKING A PICTURE OF HIS LEGS, REALY THEY GROW SO FAST YOU NEED A PICTURE TO REMEMBER JUST HOW LITTLE THOSE LEGS WERE.