Monday, May 12, 2008

Mommy Tag

I got this from Juli and was thrilled because I can actually participate. (Even if some of my answers are lame because my son is so young yet.) It just seemed appropriate since I finally got to celebrate Mother's Day as a mom yesterday. Anyway I'm interested in hearing what all other "mommies" in the blogging world have to say. So consider yourself tagged. (I'm including moms of all ages in this by the way, so yes Cindy Sue, that means you and Cathy too.)

1.Typically, what time do you wake up? Gideon generally eats between 4:30 & 5:30, so we feed him and then try and take a little nap. (Sometimes it works.) But he's usually up for the day between 7 & 8 sometime.

2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed? Generally he eats and goes down for the night between 9 & 10.

3. How long have you been a mommy? 43 days, if you're counting from when we actually got to bring him home.

4. How old were you when you became a mom? 30 years and 6 months exactly

5. What is your favorite kids T.V show? During the day I generally leave the TV on for background noise, so right now the only TV he's exposed to is the Travel Channel and the History Channel.

6. What is your least favorite kids T.V. show? I don't even know any kids TV shows. Is that bad?

7. What is your favorite chore? Seriously? What kind of question is this? Are there any chores that are favorite chores? I don't have any.

8. What is your favorite meal to cook? I hate cooking, so this is pretty much along the same lines as the favorite chore question. I don't have a favorite thing, I only cook because people keep telling me it's necessary to eat and more importantly to feed my husband.

9. What meal do you cook most often? Spaghetti is easy. So I do that fairly regularly. So is a Stouffer's lasagna. Chicken breasts with rice and veggies. Tuna casserole. Hamburger helper. Chicken Puffs. Mac & Cheese with hot dogs (Trav's favorite meal. Good thing he's easy to please.)

10. What is your kids favorite meal? Similac

11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids? Currently, taking him for rides in the pick up so that he can show off his son to all of his friends. But Travis seriously can't wait for the day when he can take him fishing.

12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you’re being a mom?
A. Feeling Gideon snuggle in close to me right after he's eaten and burped.
B. Watching his eyes study me in quiet moments.
C. Seeing him get bigger and stronger every day.
D. The fleeting smiles that may or may not be intentional. (They're still cute.)
E. Finally feeling like I belong in that sisterhood of women distingushed by the title of "mom."

13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be? Scotland. I have a huge list of places that I want to visit before I die, and now that we have Gideon, I can't imagine going to any of them without him. Scotland is the top of the list today, but it changes regularly.

14. When was the last time you went out without your kids? Saturday. I went on highway cleanup with the Youth from church. Travis was out buying a new pick up, so Gideon had bonding time with Nana for a few hours.

15. What is your favorite pastime/activity to do with your kids? I love holding him and singing to him and reading books and watching his eyes following objects. I just love being near him and getting to snuggle with him.

16. Name one thing you said you would never say as a mother? "I'm going to count to 3..."

17. Name something you do, that your own mom did? Sing to my baby

18. What is your favorite quality your mom has? Her sense of fun. She is crazy (in a good way) and usually manages to be the the life of any party. People are drawn to that. Especially all the teenagers and young adults who practically (and sometimes literally) lived at our house through the years.

19. What is your favorite kids book? Beatrix Potter anything. Just yesterday Gideon and I read the Tailor of Gloucester and The Flopsy Bunnies.

20. What is your favorite advice for new moms? Listen to what others have to say, but then make decisions based on what is right for you and your babies. Take it with a grain of salt. Oh and if you have a boy, keep him covered when you're changing him. Otherwise, you'll have to change and you may end up having to redecorate. (Seriously he keeps hitting the walls!)

21. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom? Hearing Gideon scream from across the hall when they pricked his heel for his follow up PKU screening. It made me cry.

22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom? Just getting to be a mom and experience everything that I've heard about for so many years. It's such a miracle!

23. When was the last time you told one of your kids, “I Love You”? I don't know. A few minutes ago when he was falling asleep in my arms. I whisper it to him constantly.

24. When was the last time you were told, “I love you” by one of your kids? He doesn't talk yet, but I love the way he reaches for me and how when he hears my voice his head will turn and his eyes will search for me. That to me says "I Love You" better than anything.



5 comments:

Andrea (Annie) said...

Cali, what a wonderful post! So fun to read about you and all of the interesting facts. You are an awesome mom and you have a wonderful little boy! What a lucky and blessed mom you are!!

Cathy Shields said...

Girl next year you'll know ALL the kiddie shows. Just while Nicole and the kids were here, I seen more than I need for another 10 years!!! Though I have to admit, even now when I am looking through the channel guide and see Oobi, I smile.

Juli said...

That was fun, you're adorable!

Leisha Mareth said...

I love it. Perfect answers...most of mine would match except the counting to three...all my fingers have to do is start counting and my kids hop to! Very invaluable, I say.

the splendid life of us... said...

This is so cute, love it!