Friday, March 14, 2008

ACC Update

My 'Heels just won their quarterfinal ACC game against Florida State 82-70. (I warned you guys I was a basketball fanatic. Be prepared for many updates over the next three weeks.)

Speaking of UNC Basketball, Tyler Hansbrough has already recieved one player of the year award and he's one of two top contenders for the five other player of the year awards. The other top contender is Michael Beasley of Kansas State. But of course, I'm pulling for Psycho-T. Because he's awesome!

2 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I know that their numbers are really close, both are constant double-double players, but that might be a little easier for Beasly since his team feeds him the ball and there is not as much pure talent on the Kansas team. I know he would be a fabulous player no matter where he played, but I am not sure his numbers would be the same if he played on a team as deep and talented as the Tar-Heels. Tyler is undoubtably the best candidate for Player Of The Year. It is about more than just numbers and talent. It is about the athlete, the Team leader, Team Motivtor, the guy who makes it happen (like in the last UNC-Duke game, Double/Double while being double teamed constantly!) the "crunch" guy or "Go To" guy. In every aspect that is Hansborough. He is the POY in my book!

leschornmom said...

Okay, I'll have to take your words for it because as I was reading...amd re-reading your posts it felt like you were speaking a different language! I'm not so good at "ball-ese"