Thursday, March 20, 2008

Basketball and a Baby

Well my bracket is looking pathetic already. Even after only four games are final I'm sitting at just 50%. (I picked all of my upsets for today and they haven't delivered. Stupid Temple!) Still the day may not be a total loss. Maybe some others will come through for me before the day is over.

In the meantime I did finally hear from our caseworker. B was induced this morning, so we're having a baby today! (Well, unless it goes really, really, really long and he doesn't come until after midnight. Then we won't have a baby until tomorrow.) Either way it's comforting to know that he's on his way and our caseworker promised that we'll be contacted once he's born. So I'll post more updates as I have them, but I just wanted to let y'all know that at this point, all systems are "GO!"

Cross your fingers, hold your breath and don't stop praying!

7 comments:

leschornmom said...

YIPEE!!!! I let JOhn know ASAP! I keep hopping on so I can give him updates!!! YEAH!
Did they say how soon after he's born you'll get to see, hold, keep him? Or is that all still up in the air?

Cali and Travis said...

Well, if he's born today sometime we'll probably get to go see him and hold him at the hospital tomorrow. As for when we actually get to bring him home, we won't know for sure until after he's here. It will probably be a couple of days though. We'll just have to see. I'm crossing my fingers that we get to have him for Easter, but that's just me. We'll see.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Did you know that your great-grandpa John Wayne Eppert was born 102 years ago today? It's a good day to be born.

Oh...and Go "Baby Boilers"!(Purdue Boilermakers for anyone not into basketball this season!)

Cathy Shields said...

YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Sittin' here waitin'!!!
As I am sure you are also!!

William said...

It's kind of weird to be able to feel someone’s anticipation form over 1300 miles away. My sister has had three kids and I don’t think I was this excited with all three of them put together.

Leisha Mareth said...

Well, I'm hittin' the hay early tonight, but I will be here first thing in the A.M. to check for baby updates!

Aren't you exhausted? Don't you feel like you've been through the ringer? This bringing babies into this world is tough business! Hang in there, it's almost over!

Cathy Shields said...

Its less than an hour before the next day, here in the midwest, and I am ready to go to bed. Had to check one more time. I can only imagine the anticipation you are feeling. It will all be worth it. Believe me. And soon your adventure will just begin!