Monday, March 3, 2008

Want to see him?





No offense intended to any of my dear birth mom or adoptive friends, but I really think Travis and I won the birth mom lottery. I have no idea how we got such an incredible young birth mom, but she's amazing and we adore her. Today we got a call from LDSFS that there was something for us to pick up at the agency. B had left a cute little letter and these copies of her ultrasound pictures. These were taken back in November when she found out that he was a boy. (And in her note it was so cute, she said they didn't get a picture of it, but he wasn't shy about showing he was a "he.") Anyway her note was darling, it simply said that according to her doctor's appointment last week everything looks good, healthy and normal. So right now, we're just waiting on him to decide when he wants to make his appearance.

For my part of course I started bawling when I saw these photos. Firstly because it was so thoughtful of her and secondly because I didn't know if this is an experience I'd ever get to have. Since I'm not carrying the child, I didn't know if I'd get to experience ultrasounds or anything else. And I know this is nothing like the actual experience of carrying a child and getting an ultrasound, even so, I feel so blessed to at least have this little piece of it.

11 comments:

dust and kam said...

B sounds amazing. I am so excited for you! We are anxiously waiting for news in the next few weeks! :) Wooohooo!

leschornmom said...

I started crying BEFORE I could even read your post! I am SO happy for you! "B" is a saint in my book and I am sure she feels just as blessed to have you as her adoptive mom!
I want to say so much more but the words just aren't there...
Erica

the splendid life of us... said...

All birthmothers amaze me! B sounds so wonderful, it is very reassuring for you I am sure!

The first time I met McCoy's birthmother she took me to her house to show me the ultrasound video of him and then gave me the video! It was such a wonderful gift to have that experience and to be able to watch it over and over in the five months in waiting for him to be born.

Little Gideon is a very handsome boy, and I can't wait for him to enter this world and join your family!

Andrea (Annie) said...

How special for you to have this treasure. B is so generous and thoughtful! Can't wait to meet the little man. Let me know if you need anything. How did your meeting go with the pediatrician? Take care!

Jessica said...

That was super sweet of her. Do you feel like a proud mommy showing off pics now? That's so awesome! And take it from a 7 1/2 month pregnant woman, you're not missing out on too much right now. I feel like my ribs are about to burst in two and I have heartburn 24-7!

Cathy Shields said...

Oh Cali, B was meant to be your birth Mom!!! What a great treasure to have. How sweet of her. I can't wait til the little guy is here and you get to hold him in your arms. Oh...can't stand even thinking of it, gets me all choked up.
On pins and needles now.

Mostly Jessica said...

That is so sweet of her to think giving you these photos to treasure. Adoption is a miracle!

Leisha Mareth said...

He is so gorgeous! B is obviously a sweet and thoughtful girl! Rachel's birthmom gave us her ultrasounds too and it was the most precious gift ever. Now, compare that profile after you get him, it is amazing to see the real-life baby next to the ultrasound!

Jennie said...

What a sweet birth mom! I'm so happy that she is allowing you to be a part of so much of the pregnancy. We are counting down the days!!!

Joanne said...

That is so exciting! Hey Cali--what's your email address? Let's catch up!

Cali and Travis said...

calic920@hotmail