Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!


Guess who landed the overall number one seed just hours after claiming their second straight ACC Tournament Championship?

That's right, my Heels. (Celebrating with coach Roy Williams above.)

I won't bore all of you with my complete bracket, but I think you all already know my pick to win the whole thing. I will give you my final four though, UNC, Kansas, Texas & Duke. (With UNC beating Texas for the title.) The beauty of this sport is knowing that anything can and will happen over the next couple of weeks. There are still 65 teams in contention for a national championship as of this moment. And it's always a wild ride to the finish! I LOVE MARCH!

9 comments:

William said...

Yea I don’t get it. A bunch of tall Neanderthals chasing around a large bouncing rock. Oh well I guess we all have our vices. Personally I like to watch Tic-Tac-Toe championships. ;-)

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Curling can be exciting. Will, you would make a great Sweeper Guy!

leschornmom said...

Hey Cindy, how come YOU haven't don 100 things? I'm dying to see it!

Leisha Mareth said...

Go Texas! (ducking head)

William said...

Yea, I think I’ll stick with watching figure skating. I must admit the curling idea has merit. ;)

Cali and Travis said...

Don't worry Leisha, the conflict is part of what makes this sport sooooooo much fun! The fact is one team will take it all 64 other teams are going to lose. And only twice in my life have I been correct about who would win the whole thing. (1993 & 2005 As much as it pained me and almost made me sick, I committed a cardinal Tar Heel sin and took a chance on Duke in '06 and got burned. So that's the last time I'll ever pick the Devils to take it all. Stupid J.J. Redick couldn't hit anything!)

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Hey... Leave my boy alone. There were other good players on Dukes team besides J.J.

Cali and Travis said...

Yes, mom, but that's why they lost. The rest of that team got caught JJ watching and he and Shelden Williams couldn't win it on their own.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Waah, Waah! :-P