Saturday, March 22, 2008

We Miss Him So Much!

Still waiting to hear when placement will happen. But for fun I thought I'd post this. The nurse at the hospital was kind enough to make a second set of footprints so that we could have one. (She also gave us the free diaper bags and an entire case of formula.) And B's sisters bought she and I matching charm bracelets. Right now they only have one charm, an aquamarine, (that's his birthstone.) I've worn it all day (and yesterday too.) And I just keep looking at the pictures and the footprints and the bracelet and trying not to let it break my heart that we don't have him yet. But we miss him. I didn't know it would be possible to miss him so much already. We took advantage of one of our last childless days and went to a movie this afternoon. Still, it was weird. Knowing that we're parents and yet, not having our child. The car seat is installed, the clothes and blankets are washed, bottles sterilized, (though not wrapped in saran wrap) and so now just more waiting. We hope it will happen soon.

4 comments:

leschornmom said...

I was wondering to myself how you could bare to meet him and leave him again. I think I have a bit of an idea of what you're going through because I've left five babies in the NICU when I've been released from the hospital.
Be patient Sweety, He'll be home soon enough.

Guffey Family said...

Well that's the one thing I can empathize and sympathize with. Having had to go home from the hospital without my new baby (the last four actually) and not knowing when they get to come home is so nerve racking and disappointing. I feel for you! Jason said that to make the experience as authentic as possible Travis should have to abstain from sex for the next 6 weeks and you need to be overly emotional about everything. Don't worry I don't always take his advice either ;)
I am so happy for you guys though! And he will get to come home eventually. Just enjoy the time to sleep while you can.
love,
Shiloh

the splendid life of us... said...

Those are just the cutest little feet! I can't wait until you can bring him home!

Leisha Mareth said...

How adorable! How do the nurses get such perfect footprints?! And let me just say that the free diaper bags have come a long way! For some reason we got 2 with Cubby & they are sleek and black, nothing like the gaudy ones we got for Jake & Rach...

Nothing I say can really make this wait easier on you, but I can still keep praying for everyone involved! And I am!

Try and take a pic. of the charm bracelet if you can, I bet it is so pretty! That is a good idea!

p.s. lol at the saran wrap! i'll have to show that to jared!