Thursday, March 13, 2008

My 100

I got this off of Jeana's blog. It's actually a lot harder than it looks. It took me quite a while to come up with 100 unique things about myself. I challenge each of you to try and make your own 100 list. As far as I know, there are no rules. Just 100 things about you. Without further ado, here's my 100.


1. I’m the oldest of seven children
2. I’m the oldest grandchild on my mom’s side.
3. I only have one brother
4. I can type 90 wpm with no mistakes when I’m really concentrating
5. I’m going to be a mother any day now
6. I love cheesecake
7. I do not like gravy
8. The only gravy I’ve ever liked is Mom Clayson’s pork gravy
9. I’ve been to Hawaii
10. If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be Charleston, SC
11. I’ve never broken a bone
12. But I have had stitches
13. I’ve been to Mexico
14. I’ve been to Canada
15. I served an 18 month church mission
16. I met my husband in 1998
17. We were married in 2002
18. I lived in Amsterdam (and loved it!)
19. My Dutch is atrocious now. I can still understand it perfectly, but I speak with a terrible American accent
20. I’m a perfume-a-holic
21. Cary Grant is my favorite actor of all time
22. Jean Harlow is my favorite actress of all time
23. Sometimes I wear peep-toe heels and bright red lipstick just to try and be like Jean Harlow & other silver screen sirens of the 30’s & 40’s
24. Travis won’t let me name a daughter Harlow
25. I’m in better physical shape at 30 than I was at 25
26. Agatha Christie mysteries still have the power to surprise me
27. I sell Mary Kay
28. I love wearing BIG jewelry (dangling earrings, big necklaces, knockout rings, etc)
29. I haven’t seen my natural hair color since the summer of 1996
30. I’m not even sure what my natural hair color is anymore
31. I secretly have a crush on Eli Manning
32. I HATE “Reality TV” with a passion
33. I DVR episodes of “Moonlight”
34. I love to sing karaoke
35. My childhood dream was to be a movie star and broadway leading lady
36. I wear high heels with almost everything
37. I had a bunion-ectomy five years ago
38. Staying in a hotel is like a treat for me. I love it.
39. I enjoy public speaking
40. I was the Narrator in our HS production of “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.”
41. I can still remember my high school fight song, “Hail the fighting Knights of Northview, silver, maroon and black…”
42. I was in the drumline in high school.
43. Our high school marching band were state champions two of my four years.
44. We have a fat, lazy cat named Crookshanks
45. The cat got his name from the Harry Potter books
46. I love the Harry Potter and Twilight series, even though they’re written for juvenile audiences.
47. I can’t wait for Stephenie Meyer to release “Midnight Sun” (Twilight from Edward’s perspective!) But she has to finish Breaking Dawn (book 4) first
48. I’m excited for the new Indiana Jones movie to come out this summer
49. I chug a small can of V8 juice every morning for breakfast
50. Then I follow it with a Diet Coke
51. I’m a native born Texan
52. I’m a borderline insomniac (I only sleep 3-5 hours most nights. And that somehow works for me.)
53. Tulips are my favorite flower
54. There are candles all over my house
55. I’m slightly claustrophobic
56. I wish I spoke Spanish
57. I love it when my husband sends flowers even though they’re not practical
58. I’m OBSESSED with College Basketball
59. I only really cheer for two teams, UNC and whoever is playing Duke
60. The guys at my previous company were in awe that I could out-strip them with my college B-ball knowledge. (Several of them have emailed that they already miss me this year.)
61. Secretly I think it would be awesome if my son were born on “Selection Sunday.” (That’s the 16th this year for my non-basketball type friends.)
62. I’m getting a number 50 UNC Jersey (Tyler Hansbrough’s number) because they’ll be retiring his number after his college career is over
63. I love going to Spinning class at the gym
64. I don’t like running but I do it because it feels good.
65. I’ve got the curviest figure of any of my sisters
66. I’m not the shortest of my sisters. (I beat Skye by a whole ¾ of an inch!)
67. I’m still shorter than my mom
68. I own all 10 seasons of “Friends” on DVD
69. When I’m sick or depressed I’ll hide down in our family room with the lights off and watch an entire season of “Friends” at a time (It always brings a smile)
70. When I’m sick or sad I always put on a pair of my husband’s pj’s.
71. I love to read
72. I’m always reading several books at a time
73. I collect antique books
74. There’s an organ in my front room which I don’t know how to play
75. I didn’t want to change my name when I got married.
76. I finally did so somewhat grudgingly
77. Now I’m fine with it. (Although I do miss my maiden name. Cali Cunningham is just flat cute!)
78. My sister Shiloh is in my earliest memory (we’re only 16 months apart in age)
79. I can’t stand whipped cream or cool whip
80. I hate winter. I could happily live in a world with no snow whatsoever
81. I got my first “boom box” for my 10th birthday
82. I also got my first cassette tape that day, “George Strait Greatest Hits Volume 2”
83. I still love George Strait even though I don’t listen to much country anymore
84. I love American muscle cars
85. My first car was a 1967 Corvair Monza convertible
86. I cried when we traded in my Mustang GT on a “more practical” car
87. I looked like a boy when I was 10-12 years old.
88. I have absolutely terrible eating habits
89. I remember both of my parents turning 30 years old (and thinking they were ancient.)
90. I get homesick for Holland when I watch “The Best Two Years.”
91. Sometimes I’ll watch certain movies or read certain books purposely to make myself cry, because I feel like I need an emotional release
92. I stockpile Jaqua’s Mint Chocolate shower gel & body butter because it’s my absolute favorite!
93. I made Shiloh’s prom dress her junior year
94. I got my first migraine my senior year shortly after finishing said prom dress
95. I’m my in-laws favorite Daughter-in-Law (but that’s because Travis is the only boy who’s married.)
96. Travis leaves me in charge of all the bills and balancing the books
97. I've read Jane Austen's entire repertoire multiple times because she's my favorite author. (I practically have P&P memorized, but it's my favorite!)
98. Blueberry cake doughnuts are my favorite
99. I can sing every song on the Coco album by Colbie Callait
100. I don’t watch award shows on TV because I think they’re pretentious

13 comments:

Angela S said...

Thanks for sharing how you spend your mornings at work! ;-)

Yeah we aren't sports fans at all over at this house. But Tyler was born on Super Bowl Sunday the year it was in Houston. So of course that was exciting to us!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

GOOD GRIEF GIRL!!!! V-8 and Diet Coke??!! No wonder you don't sleep. Your stomach probably keeps you awake subliminaly for fear of what it must face in the morning. UGH!!

But then, when I did fix breakfast I think the only time you would eat it after you turned 13 was when it was pancakes or goldenrod. PLEASE! I am begging you!! Eat healthier! For Gideon's sake if for no other reason! :-)
I love you!

Cali and Travis said...

What? At least I drink v8 juice so I'm getting some nutrients and stuff in the mornings. That's a big improvement over just diet coke isn't it? Some days I even manage to keep down a yogurt before 10:00am.

Unknown said...

Good stuff. It's always good to learn a little more about my pals.

BTW, I talked to Shiloh on the phone for the first time in years, ok, really over a decade, today.... We jabbered about Home Schooling.... It was nice....

Cathy Shields said...

I love "Moonlight" also. And I remember the prom dress. But I really think the v8 and the diet coke cancel each other out. :)

Corey said...

ELI MANNING? Maybe that's a secret you could have kept.. 99 things would have still been an impressive list. ;)

hehehe kidding, he's just a goofy looking guy. Not a goofy looking as Peyton, but still..

Leisha Mareth said...

Oooh, I loved that! I feel like I know you so much better now! (p.s. I love that name Harlow for a girl...but I know Jared wouldn't approve it either!)

And your Mom cracks me up!

Brad Phillips said...

Corey, I didn't not just see you making comments about people looking goofy???

;)

dust and kam said...

That was so fun! So many fun things to learn about you! :)

leschornmom said...

You said you can understand Dutch much more clearly than you can speak it now...Funny thing, I can sign much better than I can read it now!But that's still not so good any more! :D

William said...

"87. I looked like a boy when I was 10-12 years old."

How funny I looked like a girl at that age. I had long hair and these great flowing curls.

Cali and Travis said...

Who says you grew out of your "girl" phase Will?

Cali and Travis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.