Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mean Trick!

So Travis and I have been blessed with the BEST caseworker in the world. He truly is so concerned about making sure that everything is done right and that everyone has a positive experience. But I'm seriously tempted to ask him not to call until our baby is here. Over the last two days he's called three times. Every time I see his number on the caller ID my heart starts pounding and I practically hyperventilate thinking, "This could be it." But it's always something about the paperwork or other mechanics. I appreciate that he's being so thorough but it's a very mean trick when Gideon is due any day now. I understand also that he's just trying to make sure that everything is done correctly as he is leaving on vacation Friday and won't return until the 31st so it's likely that he'll miss the placement. (Luckily we know B's caseworker and she's always very on top of things as well, so we know everything will be handled.) Still, it's mean to call so often and not say "He's on his way!"

2 comments:

Leisha Mareth said...

That reminds me of the day Jacob was born! He was induced as well and the phone rang every 5 minutes (either my Mom, Jared's Mom, or some friend or family member checking to see if he was here yet!) It about drove me nuts because I kept thinking "this is it!"

William said...

I like this guy. He sounds like my kind of case worker.