Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A cold day for a walk

Travis got a kick out of this shirt so he had to buy it. (Of course.)



Sometimes we suck on Winnie-The-Pooh's ear when mom doesn't get the pacifier to me in time.

So I haven't been to the gym since before we brought Gideon home and the lack of exercise was making me stir crazy. Compound that by the fact that we haven't had a day with temps above the 40's since October and you realize that the cabin fever is really starting to hit. (I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever be warm again.) Today was sunny (although still only like 42) but I couldn't take it anymore. I had to DO something. So we bundled Gideon up and went for our first walk. We walked to Nana and Papa's (for the record they live .79 miles from us) so it's a quick easy walk. The sidewalks are in nowhere near as good shape as I thought they would be, but we survived.



Gideon was bundled like a papoose so he would stay warm (I was paranoid and kept checking and rechecking the blankets all the way there.) By the time we got there my nose, ears, toes and fingers were frozen, but Gideon was sleeping quite comfortably in his toasty blankets.





Another first today, was that we experienced the wonderful world of projectile vomiting for the first time. During his breakfast time feeding, he drank too much formula too fast and about 20 minutes later (as I was finishing dressing him for the day) it was all over himself, me, the changing table, the stuffed rabbit and the wall. Let's hope this doesn't become a habit. Still my family will be impressed to know that I (the famous "sympathetic puker) did not throw up. I was able to hold it back while I cleaned it up and then escaped from the room with a half naked baby and took time to breathe a little before re-entering and finishing the job. (Don't worry about the baby, we simply went upstairs and curled up in mom's bed for a few minutes to stay warm.)

4 comments:

Leisha Mareth said...

Man, I wish that they had blogs when Jacob was born...this is going to be great for his baby book someday! He'll enjoy all these fun little details about how much you guys love him. Cute pics with the stroller, and I'm laughing that milk vomit made you have to go out and breathe. Cubby does this maybe once every other day! (Although I totally get disgusted by the "real" puke older kids produce...good thing for husbands with stomachs of steel!)

the splendid life of us... said...

Sorry, but I had to laugh at the projectile vomiting! It is part of the initiation into mommyhood! Congrats on another fun milestone!

How fun to take Gideon on his first walk! McCoy and I got out for a walk yesterday too! It felt so nice to be outside and get some exercise. Too cold today though, but I am excited for our predicted record high temps for this weekend, almost 70, yahoo!

Gideon is so cute! He so does not look like a newborn!

Jessica said...

Didn't pushing around your new baby in a stroller make you feel so happy? I remember the first time David & I took Davy for a walk, it felt like we were really a family. So fun!

Jacob and Cami said...

We'll get to do lots of baby walking in Nauvoo this summer. I am so excited, I can't hardly wait. Jacob already knows that anything involving vomit will be his to clean up.