Saturday, April 12, 2008

Shower Numero Uno

So due to the large number of family and friends and church members and co-workers who all wanted to be a part of of the celebration for Gideon, it was determined that we should do two different showers. The first took place last night up in Menan. It was a pretty good turnout and we got to see a lot of people we hadn't seen since we'd moved seven months ago.

Does the cake look familiar? It's the same cake they had at my sister Cami's shower back in Februrary. But it was so cute we had to do it again.



Since we did more of an open house than shower format, Travis stuck around for almost an hour and ate and visited. What a trooper.



And of course the guest of honor got passed around to many people. This is our friend Gayle. Gayle has been a great support the last few weeks as both of her boys are adopted as well.



And lots of cute stuff! (This towel is darling! It has an octopus and says, "I Love Mommy!")

3 comments:

Cathy Shields said...

Shopping for babies is so fun! Mom and I were walking past some cute shirts for boys just my grandboys sizes and couldn't resist. I won't tell you what we got but one that wasn't in the right size would have been adorable for Trevor, it said.....My Parents are Exhausted
:)

Leisha Mareth said...

I am SOOOO behind! It has been a busy few days 'round here! I've got to catch up on all the fun! Showers are my fav!

Jessica said...

Looks like you all had fun! Sorry we didn't make it, Davy & I have colds!