Monday, April 28, 2008

We Survived our First Road Trip

We went to SLC with Nana & Papa over the weekend. Travis has family down there who were anxious to meet Gideon. And they about devoured him. Gideon was really good all weekend (as usual.) He slept most of the way down and back and didn't seem to mind getting passed around to family members.

I got a chance to do some shopping at stores we don't have in Idaho Falls. It was a welcome change. And we even went to Cabela's to buy presents for Travis who couldn't come along because he had to work.

We also hit the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point. To be honest my expectations were not high, I've been to Keukenhof. Anyway, it was windy and chilly. The gardens were pretty, but due to the unseasonably cold spring you could really tell that some of the flowers hadn't even blossomed yet, even thought this was the last weekend of the festival. And many of the trees and shrubs which should have been green & blooming, were still dead and brown. Still it was enjoyable except for the weather. We didn't stay as long as we would have if it had been nice. And I loved seeing the tulips even if it did make me homesick for Holland.









Look at how darling and chubby he's getting!

8 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I was looking at your blog and Dad and Cody were looking over my shoulder. Cody said "Cali is a very stylish mother". Dad said, "..and she looks really good for just having a baby. She is getting her figure back nicely."
Just thougth you would get a smile our of that.

Julie Bird said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend...he just keeps getting cuter!

Andrea (Annie) said...

So funny! I was at Thanksgiving Point/Tulip Festival this weekend too for my HM convention and I also ate at Cabelas! That would have been fun to bump in to you. We so need to visit soon. Have a great day.

Leisha Mareth said...

You should come visit us, we live 1 mile from a big ol' Cabelas!

Adorable pictures, what a sweet little guy! He reminds me of my Rachel, she was the happiest and most content little darling of a baby!

Kelly and Jesse said...

Mom people tell her all the time when she comes to my work that she looks so good. I don't let her get away with it.

the splendid life of us... said...

You are pretty HOT for a new mommy! And Gideon is the sweetest! Love those chubby legs of his!

Camille said...

Cali-
This is Camille Poulter (now Heck) from Menan. I stumbled on to your blog and must say that I am so very very happy for you. You have always been such a kind cheerful person to me. That cute baby boy is very lucky to have you for a mom. What a wonderful story you have. Congratulations!
AND, hello to all you Cunningham girls!

Cali and Travis said...

Camille, I'm glad you found me! hope you're doing well. I don't hear much about your family anymore since your mom moved to Rexburg and we moved to I.F. Give them all my love!