Saturday, April 12, 2008

The week in Review

I'm sorry I haven't posted since Tuesday, but we had a tough week. Gideon got some kind of bug. He was up all night crying Monday night. Tuesday he started projectile vomiting. Tuesday night was even worse and Wednesday we went to the doctor. They said he's healthy other than the vomiting so they gave me some special formula to try (which smelled awful!) And told me to come back in a day or two if it was still bad. Wednesday I also came down with a migraine. Wednesday night was the worst night yet. I was knocked out from a migraine pill which left Travis holding a baby who hated his new formula and wouldn't drink it, and who cried all night long. Seriously. For two days he'd fall asleep for like 20 minutes and then wake up and cry for two or three hours solid. So we switched him back to his regular formula and decided we could live with the projectile vomiting. Thursday morning he was still fussy, but by Thursday afternoon he was sleeping better and wasn't throwing up. Thursday night he was back to his usual routine of sleeping 4 hours at a time. Eating, burping and sleeping again. So it must have just been a bug. So that's why I didn't post before now because we had a sick baby to contend with.

We had to go back to the doctor yesterday for a weight check because on Wednesday he weighed 7 lbs. 12.5 oz. The doctor was concerned because he said he should be gaining and ounce to 2 ounces per day. And he'd only gained 2.5 ounces in 10 days. Yesterday he weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz. so we get to go back for another weight check on Monday.

Other than that the doctor just keeps reiterating how healthy he looks and acts. He's very strong, holds his head up, has a good grip and likes his pacifier. So for whatever reason he's just not growing very quickly. (That's okay with mom, I'm enjoying him so tiny.)



Travis's cousins and aunts all pitched in to put together this diaper cake for us. We haven't taken it apart yet because we wanted to display it at the baby showers. Although I've been told that there are some surprises hidden inside. I LOVE the frog theme, as I'm sure you noticed from a previous post. So this was great! What I've seen so far the frog stuff on the cake will go great with the frog stuff we already have. I'm so excited!







And other than that, things are great here once again. Gideon is an angel once more and we're just enjoying every day.

3 comments:

Andrea (Annie) said...

What a time you have all had! I am so sorry to hear you all weren't feeling well but happy to know that you all are doing better. See you tonight!

Jessica said...

I think the worst thing in the world is having something wrong with your child and there's nothing you can do to help. Davy had the flu just before Christmas and I couldn't help but cry when I was holding his shaky little body over the toilet while he threw up. Being sick is so sad!

Cathy Shields said...

It's so hard when your baby isn't feeling well. You feel so helpless and uncertain. So glad that is over with.
I love those diaper cakes, well I love making them. They are so fun!!