Sunday, April 6, 2008

First Week Recap

On the one hand, it feels like Gideon has been a part of our family forever. On some level it's like life before him wasn't really real. And yet on the other hand I'm startled to realize that we've had him for an entire week already. Contradictory, I know, but that's how it feels.

Gideon is getting so much stronger. He will hold his head up for a few seconds & he seems to be developing some level of control, because the last few times he has actually laid his head back down, instead of flopping around & inadvertently head-butting whoever was holding him. He's eating a little more at feedings now & staying awake a little longer during the day. This morning he was awake for two full hours. Consequently he's sleeping for longer stretches too. Yes, the last 2 nights he's slept for five hours at a time. (Yes, we now we're spoiled.) I've noticed him beginning to fill out. Especially in the chubby cheeks he's starting to develop.



We took it easy today. Stayed home and watched conference and played with our boy. Gideon really seemed to like the Tabernacle Choir. Every time they sang, he became very still and seemed to be listening intently.

I was going to spend some time today checking and responding to the emails I haven't gotten to in a while. But holding my boy seemed to be more fun. So, I'm sorry to those of you waiting on a response. I promise someday soon that I'll take the time to write real emails. In the meantime, know that I appreciate all of you.



Eating cookies and watching conference. It was a pretty good day.






I look horrible in this picture. Absolutely awful! But this is me most days now. Most of the time when he's sleeping I lay him down and let him sleep. But at least once a day I have to just sit and hold him while he sleeps. I love feeling his little heart beat and holding his body close as he dreams. What a miracle this little life is.

8 comments:

Jacob and Cami said...

You should totally cut your hair. It's easy, cute, and looks good on everyone. I have given this cut to a lot of people. I think you should jump aboard the angled, stacked in the back, bob train!

Guffey Family said...

Yes I agree with Cami about the hair. And enjoying him every minute possible is exactly what you should be doing.

Jessica said...

First of all congratulations on a wonderful week! And second, don't cut your hair unless you've been considering it for a long time. (I think too many moms around here have that haircut.)

Leisha Mareth said...

Can life get any sweeter? Glad you are stopping to truly enjoy your boy!

Mike and Kim said...

I am so happy for you guys!! Enjoy every minute before you know it he will be a wild toddler who doesn't hold still for two seconds!!

Cathy Shields said...

He is so precious!! He gets cuter in each pic. I am so glad you are taking the time to enjoy him. And I agree, a sleeping baby is just as cute as a waking baby (as long as you are holding him that is). Are you planning on going back to work?

Unknown said...

Hey Cali I'm so tickled for you. I know the long nights are tough, but nothing can beat the feeling of holding your baby. He was to be yours all along.

And as for that last picture, you don't look awful, you look like an incredibly happy mother.

-John

Kelly and Jesse said...

I agree with Jess. Cami I love your hair. I think it is very cute, but there are a lot of girls in this area with that cut. Maybe their's aren't quite so drastic. I think that's what I like about yours. I think Cali's hair would look good shoulder length, like your old hair. Although she has been thinking about cutting for awhile. Travis wants it short like when they got engaged.